• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 CTR in the Snow; Quick Poll

Hi guys just wanted to get the general consensus view on how you are coping in the snow...

I havent driven in about 2 weeks, I tend to avoid the snow at all costs, not so much for me but the stress being around other drivers on the road who have no idea how to control their cars in these conditions.

You guys get much traction? struggling? Had many near misses? How would you compare the Civic to comparable rides you may have driven in the past i.e. 'teg etc...

Find it very interesting how cars handle in the snow, as I believe it brings out the best/worst characteristics in any car.

Me last Tuesday, 4mph (literally) =

Last nights damage;

IMG00111-20100106-0846.jpg

IMG00109-20100106-0845.jpg

Only doing about 4mph and the front wheels slide sideways down the camber of the road into the curb, tried steering but didn't make any difference

Put simply, the FN2 is sh**e in the snow. I've been using my 15 year old golf as it can actually get up slopes greater than 1 degree steep.

Any car with wide, low profile tyres is gonna be awful, no matter what

The back end went on me on Friday doing about 25mph, VSA saved it though, luckily.

The back end went on me on Friday doing about 25mph, VSA saved it though, luckily.

Did well, people go on about never liking driver aids etc but I think we can all be thankful for them now!

Thanks for posting those pics, so unfortunate but you have just helped my case for simply never going for a drive in bad snow.

Actually get around quicker walking anyway!

QN

www.facebook.com/UKTraitors

i'm venturing out for the first time since tuesday. Road is still snowy & icy.

Should be interesting.

All i can say is, i've had many a brown trouser moment since last tuesday! The other half's mini is coping alot better in the snow! i'm guessing thats because the mini has skinnier, higher profile tyres!

Gym car park was fun last night, 3rd gear 900rpm. 1st gear is a fail in snow.

Hi, as we have winter's like this all the time in eastern part of Europe (up to -20 C some days) we are used to this type of roads. So from November up to end of March we are driving on winter tires (mine is Nokian Hakkapelita RSi 225/40 R18 ) so if winter's will become colder in Western Europe you will also have to think about winter or at least M+S marked tires for cold season(Nokian WR G2 or simmilar). Off course handlling is totally different than with standard tires on clean and normal road, but safety is first :)

My ep3 sucks in the snow!! I live on a little private road which is quite steep, yesterday my neighbours left at the same time as me and they both drive straight up and out so I thought easy (they drive a Audi tt and a focus st). 40 min later after getting only halfway up and having to dug my car out to get the rest of the way I made it!!

I don't get it how are they doing it? I now have to park at the top on the main road where any asshole can scratch it. :(

I've never wanted it to rain so much in my life!!

I have only been stuck once so far, was laughing at my son getting stuck in our cul de sac in his Rover 25 in 4inch of snow on very slight incline wen i decided to nip out in the civic. O how he laughed back wen I had to dig mine out on my return. Our other car is a Fiesta 1.6 diesel and it has not got stuck once

I slid down a hill a couple of weeks ago, almost hit a parked car, then 200 yards down the road got it stuck and had to walk a couple of miles back home. Fail.

I drive a HGV for Asda and last night I think I broke the world record for wheel spinning, was driving on the back road out of Colne to Keighley and there is a 2mile climb just outside colne and it was solid ice all the way,my trailer was empty so the drive wheels just spun the whole way up. At the top parked up was a flippin gritter doing nothing ,prob saving salt. We think the Type R is bad,try a HGV in the ice and snow

Back