• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR lights! help needed ( PICS incl)

Hi peeps

dont know if this is in the right section but i need some assistance.
Well my car was in involved in an accident a few months back and in the end it needed a new front wing.
The repair work was undertaken by an insurance approved repair centre.
When i received the car, externally the car was in mint condition but for some reason when i turned on the lights i got this...

Full Lo beam LHD
ctrprobid7.jpg

Full Lo beam RHD
ctrprob1ir5.jpg

Full High Beam RHD
ctrprob2yo4.jpg

Full High beam LHD
ctrprob3cy7.jpg

as you can see from the pics i now got this third light working and im quite sure it isnt meant too. The drivers side light works fine under full and lo beam but the third light is always on.

Whenever i turn on full beam the low beam disappears and the full beam light for passenger doesnt work. Under full low beam the main light is very dim. I took it to honda and they said it could be an earthing problem and that they wouldnt fix it under warranty as they think the car has had some accidental work carrried out.
Can anyone give me some help on this matter as this is driving me crazy and i cant see shoot at night.

thx in advance

Sinth

btw i did try changing the bulbs still get the same crap

Take it back to the people who repaired the car and moan till they do something about it.

Earthing sounds about right... Take it back to the spot which carried out the repair work and tell them you think they may have painted over an earth point...

Now its all back together, its most likely that the fresh paint is meaning that its not grounding properly (no metal/metal contact between car body and electrics at that point). They'll want to expose the metal at the earth point and daub a bit of grease over it after its earthed right.

I'm not au fait with where the CTR's have earths, so it'll be easier to ask them to do it. :wink:

I replied on CTRO, I think your fuse may have blown.

Sounds bizarre but happened to me before.

did a blow fuse cause the same sort of symptoms m8?

cos bizarrely i got a third light working as you can see in the pics.

I have a pre-facelift CTR so the wiring is a tad different. But, when I blow my headlight fuse, the headlight still lit up only very very dim. Exactly symptoms you have in the photo above.

I would bet some serious cash that they have cocked up an earth connection with overspray or they have not connected a chassis earth. This is a classic earth problem where the supply will backfeed through coupled loads.

cheers m8

ive dropped the car off at the auto electrician since the fcukers at the Accident repair replace deny all responsibility. Hopefully get the car back in full working condition without a hefty repair bill :?

Sinth said:
cheers m8

ive dropped the car off at the auto electrician since the fcukers at the Accident repair replace deny all responsibility. Hopefully get the car back in full working condition without a hefty repair bill :?

Mate, if it is because of their f**kup, get the autosparks report and bill the accident repairers.

Back