• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR on throttle Bodies?

Has anyone done this?

just wondered as it would sound amazing plus more power! :)

havent heard much about this or cant it be done?

Rossi - This would be RUDE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CPL must have some info or can price it for you if ya feeling cheeky son?! :wink:

not gonna get it done (saving for the Skyline GTR)

just wondered why people haven't done it?

Would sound amazing

scw02102 said:
not gonna get it done (saving for the Skyline GTR)

just wondered why people haven't done it?

Would sound amazing

Fair play mate

Could you imagine the MPG you'd get with em fitted?! :lol:

*Moved to air induction*

TB are not worth it unless you have extensive NA tuning.

Stroker kits sound great until you factor in the cost at about £3k + fitting!!

Of course if money isnt an issue CPL will do you a 2.4 stroker for £4,500... :shock:

Friendy said:
Will the throttle bodies make your car fail an mot?

I guess if you have the correct management - you could get it to run to pass the MOT emissions (if thats what you mean??).

Yeah ...Thats what I would like to know.

Had a chat with Jenvey today at the Autosports. Their kit is £1007 + Vat, and surely you just bolt them on as opposed to dimantling your engine at double the price :?

And then take an angle grinder to the front panel :wink:

Sara said:
Yeah ...Thats what I would like to know.

Had a chat with Jenvey today at the Autosports. Their kit is £1700 + Vat, and surely you just bolt them on as opposed to dimantling your engine at double the price :?

And then take an angle grinder to the front panel :wink:

Ye almost plus a re-map but actual BHP had, ITB's have got me 20ATW BHP "ACTUAL", a stroker will be expensive as you say as will the labour and any extras you may require depending on the state of tune. You would also require a re-map with a stroker so that kind of cancels each other out cost wise but bang for your buck, ITB's are more cost effective & less drastic.

:oops: Amended price to £1007+VAT...........EVEN BETTER VALUE :twisted: :D :D :D

Includes manifold, throttle bodies +links, fuel rail and air horns

Why ?

Because even the smallest stroker kit (2.1 rather than the 2.15) gives a 30wbhp increase, the maps are already out for it. ITB's on the other hand, there are issue's with filtering (but you've read those right?) and mapping them, getting a decent idle isn't simple. It'll take lot of mapping, which isn't cheap an would bump the price up considerably to get them running well.

Plus, if at that point you still haven't got enough power you can add ITB's.

Alternatively you could go with the K24 bottom end, something like an IPS package, which would probably be quicker still.

Another alternative is the IPS inlet manifold which Ron claims makes more power than ITB's.

If after looking at all of those options you still think ITB's are the way to go, then do it, but on a personal note I wouldn't dream of buying ITB's until they are proven by a good few people, and that means outside of the UK too.

Back