• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR on throttle Bodies?

Unfortunately sprint classes are 1.4 to 2.0 and 2.0 and above...as fast as the CTR is with a stroker kit it still cant compete with the other 3.0.

So I need to keep a 2.0 engine :roll:

CTR_Paul said:
Why ?

Because even the smallest stroker kit (2.1 rather than the 2.15) gives a 30wbhp increase, the maps are already out for it. ITB's on the other hand, there are issue's with filtering (but you've read those right?) and mapping them, getting a decent idle isn't simple. It'll take lot of mapping, which isn't cheap an would bump the price up considerably to get them running well.

Plus, if at that point you still haven't got enough power you can add ITB's.

Alternatively you could go with the K24 bottom end, something like an IPS package, which would probably be quicker still.

Another alternative is the IPS inlet manifold which Ron claims makes more power than ITB's.

If after looking at all of those options you still think ITB's are the way to go, then do it, but on a personal note I wouldn't dream of buying ITB's until they are proven by a good few people, and that means outside of the UK too.

I know all about the ITB's & filtering. :wink:

The car is now running the ITB's and running like gem, sounds awesome & pull's like a train ! :twisted:

The filter is fine as well :wink:

I can't wait to get a stroker on top plus the LSD & clutch assembly :twisted: :twisted:

Back