• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR or S2000

I been saving to get a more powerfull vtec then my current one and have got about 10k to spend, ive noticed that there are some s2000s for about £8000 and some CTR for around the same. i really really like the CTR even though i have heard the s2000 is alot better. which one is better?!? by CTR i mean the 2001 to 2006 model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horses for courses fella, both capable cars, CTR "better" for more than 2 people, S2000 "better" for rear wheel drive. Its what you want out of the car.

i know what you mean. i think im gonna get the s2000 coz its better performance wise, but theres just something about the ctr, i cant explain it, i just want one!?, i want them both

Get both :D

Big problem with the S2k is that everything is more costly. Insurance, petrol, and all parts. so even though the cars are same price an s2k will cost you more.

However you do get a more capable car fom the start with the S, where with the CTR you will reach the limit of the car earlier. This said, the S is much less forgiving than the CTR. So if you're a younger driver I'd recommend the CTR. It's very easy to scare the living sh*t out of you on the S, trust me :D You don't even have to drive like a tit, just take it out on a cold snowy day and try to change lane on the motorway :lol:

It all depends on how you drive and what you do with your car.

It's easier to drive a CTR quickly, an S2000 takes a lot more to go as fast, but will ultimately go faster but the skill level required is that much higher IMO

Could be very wrong but i've heard that a well driven CTR isn't that much slower that an S2000? Now i would expect the s2000 to be better around the top end but how often do you get to very high speeds!.

Or am i just talking a big load of poo :lol:.

An experienced driver in a CTR would probably be able to, against an inexperienced driver in an S2000. But that could be said for any car, really. Ultimately, the S2000 will always have the edge over a CTR when driven to it limits with a skilled operator.

Could be very wrong but i've heard that a well driven CTR isn't that much slower that an S2000? Now i would expect the s2000 to be better around the top end but how often do you get to very high speeds!.

Or am i just talking a big load of poo :lol:.

It isn't that much slower on the road, or track, but it will ultimately be slower standard to standard, and again mod for mod.

I know for sure I would get myself a pre 2001 S2K in the best possible condition - tax friendly is a bonus. :smt047

Back