• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR smoked!!

Fooked oil seal on the filter causing the filter to come lose apparently :roll:

Neily03 said:
CTR said:
Fooked oil seal on the filter causing the filter to come lose apparently :roll:

Any damage to the engine?

Nope. It had it's 62,500 mile service and is now back on the road receiving more abuse from my brother :wink: :lol:

chippyleigh said:
Have you checked the VTC solenoid on the left hand side of the head (looking at bonnet), there is also another VTEC solenoid at the left hand rear of the head. Did you loose VTEC just before it started to smoke ???, if so it could be one of these solenoids. Failing that how about a stone through the sump or oil filter coming loose ????

F*ck me, maybe I should be a Honda Tech :lol: :lol:

soz for not having time to come on and update, so here goes a quickie:

the oil explosion was caused by the oil filter coming loose and the seal failing, then giving way to the eruption of oil. No damage except for most of the engine oil ending up covering the engine bay!!

Had it servid while it was there, and i complained about the brake performance, i also specifically ststed this to the lease company who requested a brake check on the service booking. Before i collected it i asked about the brakes, and ther service receptionist said everything was ok. So i got in the car expecting all to be fine, to discover that the brakes were exactly the same. Long pedal, spongy as feck, virtually no progression in brake force. The would stoip ok by stamping on the pedal, but it went right back to the stop.

I went back in on Saturday morning to complain and was told that the "master technician, with over 30 years experience, test drove it and found it to be okay". So i queried his age. When asked what age had to to woth it, i replied that if the guy (with over 30 years experience) was an old man, then perhaps he drove like an old man! I was told not to be insulkting, but i explained that bacuse i had no idea of what they'd done on the test-drive brake-test, a simple trip aroung the block at 30mph would not suffice. Point is they're all a bunce of wnankers, and becusae it's a lease car, i get treated like a second-class customer.

I booked the car into Bassett's Bridgend yesterday, and was told that the front pads had worn 100%. Bear in mind this is only one week after getting it back from Ryland Cardiff told that the brakes were ok, couldn't find a problem, and plus it just had a 62,500 service.

I've got the pads (try and upload pics later), and i was lucky that i went yesterday, cos all of the pad had worn off and they were on the metal, with one pad just starting to wear through the metal. Had it gone any further it would have started eating disc, bigtime.

2 lessons to be learned here:

1. Don't go to Ryland Honda Cardiff for anything because they are fkkking rubbish and don't care about drivers' safety. They'll take your money and run. As far as i'm concerned they can all fkkkk off and die.

2. Never fit aftermarket pads. These pads were fitted about 2500 miles ago by KwikFit at the same time as having new discs (i had no choice about going to KwikFit, lease company booked it in cos i complained about grinding noise). The discs were genuine Honda, pads were aftermarket. I knew thewre's be a problem but didin't exepct them to go that quickly. Is this a record i wonder? Not that i'd be proud, i'm thinking more along the lines of extremely poor quality compoinents.

Had the pads replaced for Honda ones yesterday and my brakes feel like new. Have't even got them warm yet, but i bet they'll be 1000% better at stopping than the last set when they do!!

Over and out

Regan
DSCN0305.jpg
DSCN0304.jpg
DSCN0303.jpg

colinjy said:
hope you get given a ford and the civic taken away

what the fkk is that supposed to mean bellend?

didn't you read my post? i did nothing to make this happen.

I hope you get your legs tkaen away and given a wheelchair

Hmmm....looks like I'll never be taking my CTR to Ryland after reading this.

Bassetts in Bridgend seem to be OK. They're certainly cheaper than Ryland as well.

REGAN, if i were you i'd take this up with Honda UK, you could have been seriously hurt!! :? :? :x :x

Neily03 said:
REGAN, if i were you i'd take this up with Honda UK, you could have been seriously hurt!! :? :? :x :x

Definately, you could have been killed or you could have killed someone if your brakes failed. Anybody can take a wheel off and check the pads for wear!

F*ck Ryland then..I was not happy last time I went there...3hrs to find the fault and another 3 to change pads...bastids! :x

i purchased my ctr from bassetts bridgend they are a great bunch, regan glad to here your safe spa but your name didnt make it in lights as the first vtec engine failure :D :D

sajon44 said:
i purchased my ctr from bassetts bridgend they are a great bunch, regan glad to here your safe spa but your name didnt make it in lights as the first vtec engine failure :D :D

It wasn't a failure :?

The oil filter had just come loose.

CTR said:
sajon44 said:

It wasn't a failure :?

The oil filter had just come loose.

Like Jason said, Liam, i didn't become the first engine failure!

Cheers Jason mate

I'm now waiting for a call back from Ryland after going in on Saturday with the remains of the pads and their service record. Spoke to the service manager. I told him that bascially what their record says is that in 450 miles (from them giving me car back to going to Bassetts) i've used between 55 and 60% of the pads, which i reckon is impossible. Fair play though, he agreed and said that it looked like they'd not done anything re: my brake concern pre-service.

I'll keep you posted...

bought my ctr from bridgend

had my 12 and 24k services done there aswell

ryland sorted my headlights for me though (motors packed up)

Back