• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR smoked!!

Thought i'd add this after Rcb'c topic, as mine developed more than just a bit of smoke last weekend!

A load of smoke started billowing from the exhaust on Sunday, while in 3rd @7K rpm, pulled it over ASAP to find oil pumping out over the driver's side wing form under the bonnet. There was oil everywhere, all through the front wheel, along and out the back of the exhaust, even made it onto driver's mirror casing.

Lifted the bonnet to find a complete mess of oil all over the engine bay. Not good!! It then promptly lost most of its oil.
I'm not sure if it's the VTEC system (although i'd be amazed as there hasn't been a single VTEC unit failure to date, right?), but the oil was gushing out at pressure from around the VTEC area. Hopefully it's just a seal or pipe come off, and that no damage was done after the event. I can't think of any reason, except there was a bit of a rattle prior to the failure just before going into VTEC. It's a company car and hasn't been best maintained. Had't recently put fuel in, the water temp was OK, no engine management lights came on.

It's in Ryland Honda Cardiff at the mo' awaiting investigation, which ain't gonna be til next week, so i won't have it back for a while.

I'll update you with the diagnosis!

oilexplosion.jpg

:shock:

That's a bit more severe than my mates though, his isn't leaking oil.

Hope you get it all sorted soon :smt023

Keep us updated, I will be very interested in the outcome and there diags of it all.
Good luck with it all .

:shock: :shock: Looks harsh mate, hope you find out what caused it and get it sorted soon.

Thank fook its a company car eh? 8)

Have you checked the VTC solenoid on the left hand side of the head (looking at bonnet), there is also another VTEC solenoid at the left hand rear of the head. Did you loose VTEC just before it started to smoke ???, if so it could be one of these solenoids. Failing that how about a stone through the sump or oil filter coming loose ????

This is the most abused CTR I have ever come across. Dings, scrapes all over it. Thank fook it is a company car.

If my brother doesn't have time to update this thread I'll do it on his behalf.

CTR said:
This is the most abused CTR I have ever come across. Dings, scrapes all over it. Thank fook it is a company car.

If my brother doesn't have time to update this thread I'll do it on his behalf.

All present before my ownership, i might add!

Won't know the problem til end of next week.Not very good service form Ryland Cardiff, but nowt i can do to expedite repairs....and i've got a horrid Peugeot 307 rentmobiletilit's returned AAARRRRGGGHH

TBH, rattling to me sounds like a lack of oil, I'm betting that will be the cause

fook me thats some serious black oil

ryland will screw you over i expect

:shock:

regan+ctr are brothers :twisted:

Neily03 said:
Any news???

Not as yet. Haven't had a chance to speak to my brother but he hasn't text me either. I did see him last week and he said it would be sometime this week before Ryland Honda would know anything (yes, they're that slow :roll: )

Back