• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ctr-toms NHB EP3

Finally got hold of the car yesterday. Quite impressed but man does the car drone rather loud on the motorway, and that's in standard form, but it's all good. lol

Car is a 2002 NHB EP3 with Air-con. Paint work at the front end is not amazing (stone chips but this was expected) and all the wheels need quite a bit of work. Car has a lot of rattles, but this is nothing I can't sort out with a pack of Silent Coat sound insulation. :D

Here are a few pictures of the car. Went out for a mini photo shoot with my mate and his Supra.

DSC_6022.jpg

DSC_6063.jpg

DSC_6046.jpg

The only mods that have been done to the are uprated drilled discs and EBC Red pads. Well the drilled discs are coming off for some grooved ones (not sure on brand yet) and will be fitting EBC yellow pads. If they are good enough for skyline owners, they are good enough for the civic. lol.

Plans for the car is to install a small but nice sound system, get performance up to around 200wbhp with various handling mods and do a few cosmetic mods also.

Had the car for 22 hours and already put it on a rolling road (surrey rolling roads). Went today with a load of Supra owners (some 1000+bhp cars!). Car is around 192bhp with 153lbs torque at the fly and around 160.1bhp (it's all about the .1) with 118lbs torque. So for a 2002 car, not bad at all. Was told that the car is running perfectly, just as it should be. AFR was very good with a slight dip at 6k but other than that, all hunky dorey.

Happy days. :D

Thanks. :) Nothing special, just a plain ol standard civic, well at the moment anyway.

How much do places generally charge for power runs if you don't mind me asking?

Hmm, well today they said if there was over 15 car I believe then it would be £35 or £40 is less than 15 cars. As for runs, what happened with me was the guy did a 4-5 runs to get the most out of the car instead of just 2 runs and leave it at that. THe best run was then printed out on 3 pieces of paper. One with bhp and torque at the fly, one at the wheels and the final one fly bhp with AFR also. Not bad a price at all for Dyno Dynamic rollers. :). As for other places, I believe is up to the owner of the rollers and how much they want to charge, but £30-£40 would be the going rate. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've now had the car for a week and the mods have already started. Only small things at the moment but these included,

Rear De-Wiper
Led Main Interior Light
LED Side lights

Front tires are shocking bad in the wet as I found out today, so will plan to fit some new tires soon as well as new discs and pads. Car currently has drilled front discs which I hate with a passion. Seen so many cracked discs under hard driving so this will be coming off for some grooved discs instead. Pad wise I might go for EBC Yellow. But on the other hand I might as well go for a big brake upgrade. Who knows just yet.

Finally got round to buying and fitting a new cat back to the car.

It's a Piper cat back, non res, so rather loud! The sound this kit chucks out is just amazing. 2.5" pipe gives it a nice deep roar, much different to all the other exhausts I have watched on youtube. Much prefer this sound over any exhaust on the market for the EP3.

weekpostwash3.jpg

Also I have fitted a break stopper and also some ally bushes on the gear linkages.

Ohh yeah, new discs and pads on the front fitted also. Powerslots with Ferodo ds2500. Awesome combo!

jackup.jpg

Quite impressed with the gloss and shine of the car at the moment. To be honest, the car is actually dirty in the picture. Might not look it but it is. lol.

I had been approached by a car cleaning company and was asked if I could sample some of their gear. Things are looking good so far!

Back