• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ctr tyres?

hi, i am going to be changing my four tyres shortly and am thinking of the parada spec 2's.
as my current bridgestones are 205/45/17 will i be better getting the same size or will 215/40-45/17 be ok for my standard rims?

hi, i am going to be changing my four tyres shortly and am thinking of the parada spec 2's.
as my current bridgestones are 205/45/17 will i be better getting the same size or will 215/40-45/17 be ok for my standard rims?

always found going down a size or 2 makes the car feel better your standard rims will take 215/40/17

always found going down a size or 2 makes the car feel better your standard rims will take 215/40/17

So what are the best tyres to stop that noise?? I've heard you got to have the right types with the standard wheels on the CTR?? :confused:

So what are the best tyres to stop that noise?? I've heard you got to have the right types with the standard wheels on the CTR?? :confused:

horses for corses really

federal ss595's were good

falkern f452's were good on all my cars and they have a resonable life span.

then you got toyo's but they dont last that long.

ABP do Yoko's Parada spec 2's fitted etc for £70 a corner when you buy 4!

Thats what i did last month, feels alot better than the Bridgestones!

ABP do Yoko's Parada spec 2's fitted etc for £70 a corner when you buy 4!

Thats what i did last month, feels alot better than the Bridgestones!

What's the lifespan of Yoko's? it's not a bad price to pay for them:rolleyes:

TBH i'm not 100% sure as i've only had mine on for 4/5 weeks, your best bet is asking N3YL B, as he got a set probably over a year ago and there still on his car now. He also does mega miles every week! :)

TBH i'm not 100% sure as i've only had mine on for 4/5 weeks, your best bet is asking N3YL B, as he got a set probably over a year ago and there still on his car now. He also does mega miles every week! :)

I was always under the impression that yoko's were soft

Ok mate cheers, i think ill go for the toyo's a they are the cheapest:D

Hmm whilst there is nothing wrong with Toyo's (I ran a couple of sets myself before settling for the Parada Spec 2's), NEVER choose tyres on price alone. They are the most important part of your car. I hate to state the obvious but as they are the sole point of contact with the road, you need to choose them carefully.

I shudder everytime I see a feature car come into the magazine that the owner has spent thousands on styling, tuning, and a grand on some spangly rims, then to save a few bob chuck on a set of £30 a corner, 'Fantabulisimo Supersymmetrics'.

They may have the cool tread pattern and look like someone has smeared black paint on the edge of a rim. But trust me, the first time you need them to step up to the plate when it all goes Peter Tong (ooh mixing my euphamisms there), you may find saving £30 or £40 a corner is a choice you regret, hopefully just financialy...

But i am sure all you folks do not need me to tell you that.

It's coming to that time of year for me too. I'm gonna go for either Yoko's of Toyo's (The decision will be decided on whatever my "inside man" can get the best offer on at the time, ideally the Yoko's though"). I've had Kumho Ecsta's on since I've bought the car. I've been informed that they are not the greatest tyre in the world, so I haven't pushed them that much for the reasons G has mentioned above. Will be interested to see just how much more grip a better rated tyre has.

Another thing, If I drop down a size (205/40/17), how much will this affect the accuracy of my speedo?

Another thing, If I drop down a size (205/40/17), how much will this affect the accuracy of my speedo?

3.3% difference dude, so in theory when you're speedo reads 60mph you'll be doing 58, on the basis that the speedo is that accurate anyway, but it reads wrong the right way if that makes sense:smt017

3.3% difference dude, so in theory when you're speedo reads 60mph you'll be doing 58, on the basis that the speedo is that accurate anyway, but it reads wrong the right way if that makes sense:smt017
Yeah... Sure that makes sense...

22136524.jpg

www.blackcircles.com are selling Yokohama Parada Spec 2 205/40 R17 For £58.49 each! Admittedly this isn't fitted, but as I know a man who will do this for a couple of pints of mild, I think I've just hit the back of the net!

Back