• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CtrSol's NHB EP3

Hi all,

Finally getting round to this even though I've been on here for a couple of years.

I'll try get some pictures up when I can get the photos off my phone.

Basically this is my 2nd NHB EP3. My first was a pre-faclift which was standard apart from a DC Sports cat back exhaust. Nice alarm clock for my neighbours in the morning :). I do miss the full leather interior which is very rare as not seen many with it. Having then changed it for an Alfa Romeo 147 (which I really regret doing!!!!) I decided to get another Civic.

My new one is a Premier Edition which I am so glad to have as the seats are fantastic to sit in and better than the old seats. Have had it about 8 months now and done a few things to it seeing as its done 80k.

Have changed:
Strut top mount
Brakes
Service
Pulleys and belt
Replaced fog lights (not good when the one was full of sand!!!!!) just wish Honda didn't take 2 months to get the right one delivered!!
Floor mats

Though now I have the modding bug :lol:

Not fancying doing much but want to do:

Exhaust
Rear ARB
Hondata Airbox mod and filter
Maybe lower the car but not entirely sure yet
Refurb alloys but having trouble thinking what colour to do.

Took delivery of a HKS Hi power exhaust today and have to say has a lot better build quality than the DC Sports which I had a nightmare with it blowing. Will get this fitted soon and also the rear ARB (jdm one) so least some of what I want is done then.

Will get some pictures up of the exhaust fitted over the weekend. Can't wait to have some more sound :).

If anyone has any questions then please ask.

Cheers for reading!

My fogs are the same look terrible. If you don't mind me asking I was going to change my pulleys and belt how much was it to buy and get them changed. My pulleys whine and it's Drivng me crazy.

The fogs bugged me from the day I had the car. Were fit for scrap when I got them off. Were easy to replace not that hard to take the bumper off. Though just fogs from Honda are £200 so isn't cheap.

The tension pulley was £34.43, idle pulley £35.70 and belt came to £30 though Honda had ordered me the smaller belt for a non-air conditioned car. If you do have the air con specify that its the longer belt. I ended up going to a local motor factor and they measured and ordered a belt which was a lot cheaper.

I did the swap myself with the help of a mate. It's fiddly to do, due to such a small area to work in. If you attempt it yourself take the driver side wheel off and a small cover to get better access to feed the new belt through. The main problem is trying to get enough leverage on the tension arm so you can put the belt over the idle pulley, and also remembering how the belt went on!!

I did the swap due to some whine from the pulleys but also a lot of pick up on the tensioner which was slightly affecting the belt and so didn't want to chance the belt snapping. Honda are good for ordering stuff and can be reasonably priced. They had the bits next day when I called and ordered them.

Hope this helps. If you need more info let me know.

That's great thanks. Just need to save before I get the pulled but the fogs I might just leave, £200 is a lot for something I have switched on twice in a year. :)

Haha yea it is a lot but I needed to as was bugging me. Just done my exhaust and ARB so going to try get some pictures up soon.

Finally sorted some pictures. First two are right after I washed it when I got it home from the garage I bought it. Had cutting compound everywhere!!!

civic front 2.jpg

Civic rear.jpg

Didn't think parking sensors were an option on the Type R. Or are these after market?

Taking the front bumper off to sort out the fog lights.
front bumper removal.jpg

Lastly having decided to finally start modding the car even though I wanted to get an exhaust the day I got the car home finally got the exhaust fitted :)
Rear.jpg

Am well impressed with it and the garage didn't take long at all fitting it which is even better. Rather pay £35 and have an exhaust place fit it than having a nightmare getting nuts etc off. Well happy :lol:

Back