• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Curiously cheap 06 CTR

Hello all, new guy in town! :D I'm currently looking to buy my first CTR.... after no longer having my VX220 turbo :( I can't really stretch the budget any more than ~10K and the CTR seems like the only car i would want to 'downgrade' too .... i'm sure im gonna get toasted for the 'downgrade' comment :lol:

Anyway, I've been looking around on autotrader and pistonheads but still struggling to find 'the one'. There's is an unusually cheap 06 plate final edition CTR on pistonheads for 11k and was wondering if anyone had any history on it, as it seems very under priced; advert can be found here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/432026.htm

Cheers :)

Hello all, new guy in town! :D I'm currently looking to buy my first CTR.... after no longer having my VX220 turbo :( I can't really stretch the budget any more than ~10K and the CTR seems like the only car i would want to 'downgrade' too .... i'm sure im gonna get toasted for the 'downgrade' comment :lol:

Anyway, I've been looking around on autotrader and pistonheads but still struggling to find 'the one'. There's is an unusually cheap 06 plate final edition CTR on pistonheads for 11k and was wondering if anyone had any history on it, as it seems very under priced; advert can be found here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/432026.htm

looks mint mate! i would defo HPI it tho, just incase there is any outstanding finance etc... Looks well cared for though! Goodluck

Well think the CTR should be more reliable than your VX great car tho...

there aint much difference between the two car speed wise:evil:

Plus a I'd say your upgrading due to yours being a vauxhall says it all

Prices on the EP3 have taken a bit of a kicking over the last 12 months since the FN came out. Even taking that into consideration, £11k does seem a touch low for a low mileage 06 Premier.

The gentleman has neglected to add one thing to his advert tho (oh the joys of having HPi access :D ) ;) :lol: :lol:

Which is actually a Lotus and would hand a CTR it's ass on a plate all day long:lol: :lol:
There is quite a difference tbh. Especially acceleration. The fact that the car is sub tonne weight makes a hell of a lot of difference and the handling is a different class.

?

So there is outstanding finance? If you get to know What car has, do you get to find out how much is left to pay? Otherwise it could say 'Not clear' when the guy owes a quid on it. ?

The gentleman has neglected to add one thing to his advert tho (oh the joys of having HPi access :D ) ;) :lol: :lol:

so is there something you know that we don't? is it accident repaired or does it still have finance on it?

Regarding the other comments, i'd choose the vx everytime - i'd say the cars are in different leagues so you can't really compare. You'd be surprised that the VX was actually very reliable, has a decent engine, and if driven like a saint, you can get half decent MPG..... i never did though! :lol:

so is there something you know that we don't? is it accident repaired or does it still have finance on it?

Regarding the other comments, i'd choose the vx everytime - i'd say the cars are in different leagues so you can't really compare. You'd be surprised that the VX was actually very reliable, has a decent engine, and if driven like a saint, you can get half decent MPG..... i never did though! :lol:
I would swop my CTR for one anyday. Not as easy as that though when you owe finance.

vx220

-vx220 would kick a ctr's a**....handling/closer to the ground/quicker
different league really in that respect....they are designed to be track cars
it was the same discussion i had with someone else-he thought his ctr
would beat a westfield in a 0-60...he is so wrong-power to weight and all that-as good as hondas are -some people just can't remove the blinkers-
i have a ctr,my first choice was a dc2-even so i am not disapointed with the ctr- at the time it was/is the best overall package for me...and no i
am not opening up the ctr vs dc2 debate again!

Back