• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

curts pfl ep3 build

hi guys
been on here a while and thought i should put a build thread up.
2 years back i picked myself up a milano pink ep3, had some nice mod on it but also after looking into it a bit deeper some crap ones.
this is how it looked when i picked it up, wheels were pretty battered and a bit of paint fade here and there,

after a bit of time of having the car the nasty prosport coilovers collapsed and took out my lower wishbone bushes, i took this oppertunity to replace the coilovers with some racing logic colovers, fully adjustable with pillowball topmounts, also replaced the knackered bushes with energy polybushes,
unfortunately i did run into alot of the ep3 common problems after this point, the steering rack slider needed replacing, drivers engine mount split so was replaced by a vibratechnics mount, that is a great engine mount and would highly recommend this to anyone looking to replace the oil filled standard mount.
after all the boring repairs i decided to treat myself to a set of volk racing rays engineering daytona speed alloys,
i couldn't believe how light they are compared to the standard enkei's,

before i owned the ep3 i have had a number of eg's and ek's, every ek i owned i ek9ed the headlights so i set to doing the ep's lights,
could not stand the silver lights. i also changed the m2 rear box that was fitted to the car as it didnt ever fit properly, replaced the box with a scorpion, great fitment compared to what was fitted and not too loud with my race tube.

unfortunately after a while the classic milano paint fade took over, had lacquer peel all over the place and the panels was 50 shades of red.
the car was sent off to the bodyshop to be fixed, also decided when the car was away to pail the silver centre console to flamingo black pearl.

great driveway pic

after getting the car back i decided i preferred the clean stock look so send the original wheels of for a repair and powdercoat.

http://s705.photobucket.com/user/curtstarletsr/media/20160615_200133.jpg.htm

mine and my younger bros car

so far my full speclist is
engine:
aem v2, vibratechnic/energy engine mounts, sportex race tube and scorpion backbox,

chassis:
energy bushes, racinglogic coilies, beaks lower tie bar

body:
full champ white respray including door shuts and boot, powdercoated champ white alloys with fn2 rage centre caps, ek9'd headlights, u.s sized plates, ek9 decal set (yet to be fitted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back