• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

cusco front and rear strut bar *NOW WITH FITTED PICS!!*

Just bought these for my CTR. haven't heard of anyone on here that has fitted these yet. I wonder if the front strut is a straight forward fitting or require the resoviour modification. The rear strut should be a straight swap though.

Front strut pics

cusco82ay.jpg

cusco73he.jpg

Rear strut pics

cusco44ig.jpg

cusco34db.jpg

cusco24ot.jpg

Haven't fitted those to my car yet as i'm still abroad. Any comments so far? Looks quite similar to the spoon version, although the front strut looks bit like the J's racing strut which require no modification to fit.

relocating the brake res isn't a massive job in itself, but i've not seen ths cusco one sorry

You maybe the first person to install these on the EP3 in UK.
The front strut bracket isn't exactly the same as the J's Racing/Mr Alex one but it looks like might still clear the brake resovior.

evostu said on CTRO that cusco is a re-badged name of J's racing. the front strut design is definitely different though. I think it should clear but won't know until I fit it. The rear again looks very similar to J's racing version.

Cusco have built it to J's Racing/Mr Alex specification.
IMO I'm not a fan of J's Racing/Mr Alex strut brace. The bar is not connected point to point to each strut. It defeats the object being a strut brace.
Why don't you place the strut brace over thee struts but not actually fit it and that way you'll know for sure :?: :idea:

this could be one of the first cusco strut brace fitted to an UK EP3.

Front strut fitted

img97461bk.jpg

img97479dm.jpg

img97486ni.jpg

Rear strut fitted

img97520dz.jpg

img97553vv.jpg

First impression: Handling feels a lot tighter. The cusco is very well made and is one of the few point to point strut brace for the CTR that doesn't require any modifications to the brake resoviour.

The rear strut is identical to J's racing version. Fitting wise its not too bad, getting leverage to one of the bolts is quite difficult but after a bit of patience they can be done.

All in all very pleased so far, haven't driven to any decent B roads yet so no full conclusion.

The Cusco bar is very close the scuttle panel where the GruppeM feeds air from.
If you search for pics of the GruppeM then you can see why.

ok I see what you mean, Cusco obviously didn't consult GruppeM when they designed the strut!
Maybe time for you to sell the GruppeM and get the AEM instead?

csiu said:
Maybe time for you to sell the GruppeM and get the AEM instead?
Downgrade my intake for a strut bar? No thanks! :smt016
Maybe 5 years later when the Toda ITB is released I will get one.

Back