• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Custom backbox owners...

Plenty of you have one on here. Can I ask how much you paid, including tailpipe design and type of box? Picture would also be great and description of how it sounded? Videos would be awesome too.

Cheers.

Ive got a 3" custom B-Pipe - Back Box, cost me £450 including VAT. Basically I made an appointment, turned up and said, I want a 3" system as straight as humanly possible, with the smallest silencer you have, and a back box. He showed me a few silencers, and I told him noise wasn't really much of a problem as I was going turbo, so he used a 6" one. Gave me the choice of tail pipes, and there were 100's, and I went with a Porsche Carrera slashed Oval.

Took him about 7 hours to do, and so far so good. Except for the 2 weeks I drove it before the turbo was fitted when it sounded like thunder and was louder than hell itself. Also to note, coming from a completely OEM B-Pipe and Backbox, I made an extra 12bhp top line with the charger and closer to 25bhp mid range IIRC.

Sounds good Tom83. Doesnt sound like anything I'm after but thanks for the input, sounds rather cheap considering it's 3" piping.

Place near me (Hull) will do a custom SS powerflow cat back up to 2.5" with any tail pipe design and variety of silencer & back box sizes. £260
A friend of mine has one and quality seems good for the price and has managed to keep sound levels fairly low.

Got mine made from Alan at solid fabrication. 3" custom manifold and full race system, sounds really good and not too loud either! You also have a choice of whatever back box style you want.

Back