• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

custom buddy club exhaust advice please

hey guys/girls

This is my 1st time so just like to say hi first ive had my ep3 for bout 3months now and finally decided to get an exhaust. i already have an aem v2.

I a massive fan of the BC spec 3 ever since i heard it on a old friends car but they seem to be very pricey so i was kinda thinking ive seen the backbox on ebay if i got the backbox and had an exhaust made to fit (just a straight pipe) would i get the same noise as the full system? just a thought as it would cost me aleast half the price of the actual full sysytem.

cheers Josh

Scaffold pole :lol:

I can't see a problem with this, as long as the pipe is the same diameter.

it says that its 2.25 diameter so if i got the to match that and weld the backbox onto that shud be all good

cheers for the help now to buy the backbox haha

Couple it with a Supersprint B pipe (if it will fit) and you'll get the required audible delights you wish for.

Also Joshima, we operate a no text speak policy on this forum. Attempted English such as "shud" is frowned upon. Please use correct English.

Would adding a straight through backbox onto an unsilenced B pipe not be incredibly loud and boomy? Because if it can be done, I might just get a Nur Spec R box and bolt that onto my car, which already has what appears to be a R8BYB B pipe.

Also, that Buddyclub universal box, will the pipework clear the back axle? I thought that exhausts for the Type R needed a bend in the pipe to get them over the axle, but perhaps I arm wrong.

Would adding a straight through backbox onto an unsilenced B pipe not be incredibly loud and boomy? Because if it can be done, I might just get a Nur Spec R box and bolt that onto my car, which already has what appears to be a R8BYB B pipe.

Also, that Buddyclub universal box, will the pipework clear the back axle? I thought that exhausts for the Type R needed a bend in the pipe to get them over the axle, but perhaps I arm wrong.

They do. That's why you would need to take the b-pipe and backbox to a fab shop and pay them £50 to make it.

I think the problem here is that the backbox will still not fit the B pipe no matter what attachment it comes with, because the back axle blocks a straight connection, hence the need to have a bend in the pipe, like this Spoon N1 box

file_3_8_1_1_1_1.jpg

I think no matter what set up you choose, unless you buy parts specifically designed for the EP3 you will need some level of fabrication to make them fit.

I know the pipe n backbox wont fit together you will need a connecting pipe. I can have the pipe from the backbox to the b-pipe made and welded to the backbox no problem. All i want to know is is that scorpion b-pipe any good and is that a genuine buddyclub backbox at such a cheap price?

Back