• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Custom made weighted Gear Knob

Superb effort. Gotta love a piece of freshly turned metal.

What tools/lathe etc you got access to?

Real nice price if work buddy. I personally like softer chamfered edges but I know some like the more angular ones.

Thinking of any surface finishes as mild steel will build up an oxide layer quick.

Going to polish and laquer this one as a trial. Next one will be stainless all being well. Hopefully the laquer will protect it

i can make them more smooth looking, just abit more practise, thanks lads

i wish i had the time , ill be selling this one once finished ***, but at a cheaper price, almost finished it today so will be finished tomorrow

just need to flatten the laquar back and do a final coat and polish, 420 grams feels a hell of a weight bet its awesome fitted

Some real fine sanding up to P1000-P1500 and more polishing will bring that to mirror/chrome finish if you wanted.

But looks great as is.

Yea on the aluminium ones, the standard ones I do, but this looks real nice with abit more rustic look to it. Basis is there for someone to mirror finish or paint it, pleased with the outcome first time round

Yeah I agree with Jimbo, that's a great finish as it is. I like the turn marks on it, gives it a unique appearance.

Yea I like it as is. will mirror finish the next one see how it comes out as polishing a standard knob for someone this week also

Standard is around 150-160g , this weighs 420g , Skunk2 one weighs 440 i believe, surprised how much nicer it feels during gear changes

Back