• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Custom Type R Owners Wax

Hi All

Just wondering for those into car detailing or maintaining the look of there Type R, if anyone is interested in speaking to a few of the wax companies over on detailing world and see if we could get a Custom car Wax. Get a custom Name or keep it Simple Like Type R or VTEC.
get a custom colour and scent and have it tailored to the soft paints That Honda use.

It may have been done or talked about in the past and if so No worries :)

If anyone is interested i don't mind sending a few emails. I'm sure they'll ask for at least 10 people. Unsure on the size of the wax they would produce like 50ml or 200ml jars. but I'm sure this could all be discussed and sorted.

Im not looking to make money or get anything out of it just a Custom wax for the members on here who Help and welcome people daily.

Thank you all

I don't mind offering this to Civic owners aswell if not enough interest on here. Thank you

I like this idea.

Obviously depends on cost but certainly interested.

I'm not a detailing expert for sure but I guess different waxes work well on different colour cars, but certainly be good to get one geared to the softer Honda paint.

Yeah I would have to get numbers together then get a quote. But thank you for the interest .

No worries.

Sounds like a good idea though if you can get enough interest.

I like the name Type R, simple but effective.

I am using my current wax on both our cars and I would like the custom one just for my car.

I've now included Civic Info. Got a feeling this will be a slow or low interest but hoping we can get a few people together :)

Shaunwistow on there is currently talking to a supplier to get figures and number together so will keep it updated.

Sorry to rain on your idea, but I can't see it taking off. There are so many different waxes already on the market with plenty designed for soft or thin paint that why would a manufacturer develop another for a relatively small niche market?

No its fine and can see your point. And thats what made me want to do it. Loads of waxes available but none custom To Honda. i appreciate waxes work on most paints and colours but i just thought a custom wax for the dedicated owners would be a nice touch.

A detailing hobbyist probably wouldn't buy it as they would already have their preferred protection & most near always like to spend serious money on the latest one off specials.
Have you tried civinfo I can see a few on there jumping on board

i enjoy detailing and have loads of products. i have Loads of limited edition waxes but always keen to try more.

i can see its not to everyones taste, I've dropped it on civic info but i still think it will be a struggle.

Sounds a good idea bud, but if you have light coloured cars like we do, sealents rather then waxes ive read on here are supposed to be better for lighter coloured cars.

Maybe ask for a selant also

Regards

Andrew

I'm going to try a sealant out the weekend. Auto-Glanz Synth Sealant. got two bottles in a recent offer and its meant to offer 6 months + protection.

Silver cars do come up well with a decent machine polish with Megs 205 on some finishing pads and a layer of Wax :)

I'm not sure how easy this would have been to organise and I don't that there was enough interest in the end.

Back