• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CUT OUT?

Evening gents.

I went to pick up an Indian meal before in the barge, when in my rear view mirror, my brother appeared in his 330ci at the lights. Well, i couldnt resist
icon_twisted.gif
we had a play an the old girl kept ahead no probs
icon_biggrin.gif

BUT, near the limiter in 4th on the return run... she cut out after i lifted off?? No power?. Rolled to a stop. Turned the ignition off, back on. Restarted (with a slight clink, like the noise you get when you stall?) started no probs, No other strange noises at idle, or revving, no power loss either? (brother thought it was hilarious)

Any ideas chaps

Its a Honda Accord type r BTW

Cheers guys :)

Could it be a bad earth or battery terminal?

I had it in an old car where a bump shut down everything and tightening up the battery terminals immediately restored power.

Thats actually a good call that mate. Ive got an Odyssey dry cell battery, and an earthing kit, but theres 1 earth ive never managed to get at in the engine bay. Will have to make the effort to get to the bugger, see if it helps :D

Could it be a bad earth or battery terminal?

I had it in an old car where a bump shut down everything and tightening up the battery terminals immediately restored power.

Smart arse, how the hell did you know that :lol:

Cheers for the tip dude :cool:

So it hasn't done it since then?

I've been lurking in this forum long enough to make an educated guess. It just sounded like a complete loss of power/shut down would indicate something electric related?

Hope it stays ok!

Tis funny you should say that mate :lol:

Bugger, cut out twice tonight? No warning, just whet to accelerate as normal, an it kept bogging down, till i rolled to a stop. Started ok, 100 metres down the road, cut out again. struggled to start for 10 seconds or so. then started. No lost in performance when you plant it. but at cruising speed, its like she's holding back, like driving into a really strong wind? No EML either.

Ive got a PC680 light weight Odyssey battery on (new)
K1 race HT leads
New OEM dizzy
New rotor arm
plugs done less than 6k
New primary and secondary O2 sensor
Brand new piper cross filter (not over oiled for monitoring sensors either ;))

Can only think of fuel filter, which id be amazed if its that to be honest?

My car cut out a few times a couple of months ago. Was a bad +ve connection on the battery.
Wire brush and a bit of Vaseline and it's been fine since :)

Checked all connections tonight. Sanded them down all nice an clean. all connections tight.

Still cut out out after a little drive.

I was suppose to go to blue planet, blackpool on sunday with the family for my sons birthday. Had to cancel.

Cant risk it cutting out on the motorway with the family in the car. That didnt go down to well :(

Back