• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CW DC5 - Washed, waxed and sealed 8)

Well, it took all Easter weekend but I have a clean car :D

Front wheels were removed Sunday morning, washed with Meguiars Soft Wash Gel, waxed several times with Meguiars Cleaner Wax, then sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant. The same treatment was also given to the brake calipers - total time 3 hours :shock: (see before and after pics).

Sunday afternoon the car was washed with Meguiars NXT Car Wash using a Meguiars Ultimate Wash Mitt and then dried using a Poorboys Waffle Weave towel. Pleased with the results I went out for a beer or ten with friends :)

Monday morning, in a hungover state, I clay-barred the bonnet, driver and passenger sides. I then applied Meguiars NXT Tech Wax and finally Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnuba.

Well, my arms and shoulders are killing me, but I'm pleased with the results :D :D :D 8) Just need a sunny day for some good pics :roll:

Cheers to Kevin (The Incredible Hulk) for recommending where to get the Poorboys stuff from 8) www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Before
DSCF0019.JPG

After 8)
DSCF0031.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG

looking very nice there, very nice indeed :D

I took mine for a spin today after my efforts the other day, and I do not know if it is just me, but after a really good clean and wax, the car seems much faster than usual :? :D

G said:
I took mine for a spin today after my efforts the other day, and I do not know if it is just me, but after a really good clean and wax, the car seems much faster than usual :? :D

G - Your right mate.....I'm sure a wash & wax adds at least 40bhp :lol:

It's true though, they always feel quicker once cleaned

Ian,

You've done a great job with the car, the wheels look fantastic :twisted: ! Of course I hate you because you own a DC5 :p , a car I hope to own in the future. We better watch as I can feel a slagging coming from the scoobyzone crew when we hit their stand at Castle Coombe :shock: !

regards, Kevin

The Incredible Hulk said:
Ian,

You've done a great job with the car, the wheels look fantastic :twisted: ! Of course I hate you because you own a DC5 :p , a car I hope to own in the future. We better watch as I can feel a slagging coming from the scoobyzone crew when we hit their stand at Castle Coombe :shock: !

regards, Kevin
Cheers Kevin :D

Don't worry about Poxy, he's used to everyone ignoring the scoobs and looking at my Teg - make sure we park next to each other at Rally Day :twisted: 8)

Back