• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cycle Racks on a Type-R :?:

Morning guys

Don't suppose anyone here has used a cycle rack of some sort on a Type-R? any makes or models you lot can recommened or advice using one would be greatly recived :D

Cheers
Ash

I think honda do a roof rack one. Don't think you can use the ones that go on the tailgate as they'll wreck the spoiler...

Mate

Let us know how you get on as just bought a bike to shed a few pounds, once fitness is up to a decent level some great cycle tracks near me that I want to try.

Just heard friendly that it is not recommened to carry a bike rack on a CTR fella :(

Would have thought that I might be able to squeeze two in the boot with the seats down and bike wheels taken off :?

I had one that i found in our shed, it was made for a volvo 940 estate, the angle of the top bar to the straps that hooked over the top of the boot kept them clear of the spoiler, the only bad thing about it was that it seemed to put the bike high in the air when it was all fastened up.

Ive seen a few CTRs wih similar looking racks, so a trip to your local halfrauds might inspire.

You can fit at least 2 bikes in the back of a ctr, you just have to fold the seats down and remove the front wheel. just try and cover all the plastic bits in the boot and back of the car coz it gets scrached to fcuk :x as they will move about a bit :!:

j9jrx said:
You can fit at least 2 bikes in the back of a ctr, you just have to fold the seats down and remove the front wheel. just try and cover all the plastic bits in the boot and back of the car coz it gets scrached to fcuk :x as they will move about a bit :!:

Cheers fella, good to know :D

Not too sure about trying a bike rack now that Honda said that they are not recommened :(

Neily03 said:
I think honda do a roof rack one. Don't think you can use the ones that go on the tailgate as they'll wreck the spoiler...

they can go on the back and work fine.

i even got one on with my extension spoiler

been using a 3 bike rack from halfords on my CTR without any problems.

now sold my bike and have just gave the rack away for free :?

I have a Thule Shuttle, which fits most cars, although I havent tried it on the CTR.. the spoiler probably would be awkward :?
Its bl**dy good though. Holds the bikes on really solidly and can also double up as a snowboard carrier - in '98 we took 6 boards down to the alps on the back of a car. It weighed a friggin ton, thought it was gonna rip the boot off, but also did a good job of a spoiler :lol:

Dave S said:
Ash, you don't need a bike - you have Honda Assist if you break down.......... :D :D :D :D :D

Sometimes they take a while tho Dave :lol:

Found the bike I want and it comes apart quite easily so looking at throwing it in the boot for safe measures now (shame I cant put the missis in the boot) :lol:

I have the Honda roofrack for mine, holds 2-3 bikes.

If anyone wants pics let me know and I'll stick it on the car and get some shots to post.

8) 8)

GreigR said:

If anyone wants pics let me know and I'll stick it on the car and get some shots to post.

8) 8)
Please, its okay putting the bike in the back at present as its not getting dirty, but come later in the year would prefer to stick it outside somewhere, then the driving rain will wash it on the way home :lol:

GreigR said:

8) 8)

Yes please, Foxy is on about getting a roof rack off a guy on the ctro forum so that would be great

The guy that I want to buy from said he bought a roof rack from Honda for his 51 reg Type R.

Just calling Honda.... will let you know

Update-

ADH portsmouth have said there is a bike rack available for the Type R. It's the same as the one for the sport/3 dr. The only restriction for the Type R is that the max weight for the roof is 30kg.

Their one costs £155.27 rrp.

Bikes are fine 8) They don't sell the racks for bikes, but he said that universal bikes racks for the roof rack are fine.

8) I will be buying some for my CTR in the future!

Pics-

http://www.roofbars.co.uk/product.asp?pnid=425&vd=308&vp=3781&u=1367090N54317.3305376172

Back