• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

d-cat

hey guys i think i want to d cat my ep3 i know a friendly mot tester so thats not a problem but where could i get one and what should i go for ? i don't have a clue at all do you think it would do much ?

please help as i am useless i do what to keep the original back box at the moment because i like the look of it on the car but any recommendations would be helpful

thanks Neil.S

I just got an exhaust manufacture to make mine up. Cost me £100.

Without mapping you'll get the EML light on though

No point in decat without ECU to take advantage, money is much better put into a decent cat back exhaust system.

i know what in on about i think haha its some type of chip but not a pro chip ask murray he knows lol

I'm such a div when i comes to car talk

You can't "chip" a K20 engine, you can get a stand alone ECU (no point on a road car), Unichip or KPro.

I've never heard of a "stage 2 chip", sounds like bullshit to me.

Just get Hondata, there's good reason why most well modded K20 engines cars use Hondata.

sorry i am really rubbish at this car talk its been re mapped.

any idea where i can get a space sensor to connect to the lambda sensor so it get the correct reeding when i decat it ??? does that even mean anything to anyone lol

It will need remapping again once decatted. find out what ecu you have as said earlier you can't 'chip' these.

its ok its all sorted I'm taking it to R motion in usk they will sort it out :)

we will save the chips for Mc Donald's

I just got an exhaust manufacture to make mine up. Cost me £100.

Without mapping you'll get the EML light on though

I bought an ep3 about a month ago and the previous owner d-cat the car, he put it back to standard before he sold it to me and recently that light came on, could it be something to do with this? I brought it out to my local Honda garage and they did tests and didnt find anything.

It'll more than likely be an O2 sensor but I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find anything if there was an EML on. :lol:

Like mentioned about you cant 'chip' the car. It has the K-100 on this car. You would be better getting a K-Pro and your mods mapped now you are planning more mods on the car like removing the cat, new catback and inlet manifold etc.

I dont know a lot about EP3's but I told you to keep an eye out on this forum or CTRO for a K-Pro

^ Kpro and K100 are esentially the same thing. The only difference being that you can plug into a kpro and download data. There will be no performance gains to be had changing from a k100 to a kpro.

Back