• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

D.I.Y rear camber adjustment.

Griffin

Banned for being a tit
Do you want to save money?

Are you a skank who doesn't like spending money?

Know how to use a spanner?

Well if you decide that you want to fit your own camber arms you must know that they need ADJUSTING and SETTING UP...

1) After installing your new rear camber arms

05274a84.jpg

Find two props of equal height that are strong enought to stand the rear of the car on, I used some land rovers aluminium gearbox casings but some sturdy wood will be sufficient.

Ensure the surface the car is parked on is level and flat.

ae302b3d.jpg

144523a3.jpg

2) find a measuring tool, I am using a engineers protractor with a level bubble but I was also using the spirit level on my iPhone that was pretty accurate.

921a61d3.jpg

e0687d34.jpg

Set the protractor to your desired angle of camber, I wanted 1 degree as the FRSU, ensure you have set the angle on the correct side of 0 other wise you'll get positive camber.

Measure from where the wheel meets the hub and make sure it's a clean surface, ensure the measuring tool Is directly vertical or plum as a false reading is given if at an angle.

Whilst watching the bubble start adjusting the camber until the bubble centres.

7c59f713.jpg

Lock the adjusting lock nuts off and recheck and scrutinise your handy work, tie up sensor wire to Camber arm after removing the plate that attached the wire to the old rubbish arms.

77b2f215.jpg

c7df1ea0.jpg

Remove chocks and refit wheels,move car forward 6ft and move it back to take the tension out of the suspension from being jacked up. check, measure and scrutinise all your handy work once again.

Enjoy.

2995fbbf.jpg

d19b9ef5.jpg

I'll get arms and bolts. I guess bolts are 20 odd quid and arms 120 odd yea? Looking at this thread I think I'll fitter myself

Back