• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

D3ano's 2008 Milano FN2 GT

Some of you guys may recognise me from the newbies thread I made as I got such a great response to the it and plenty of help with the questions I had which I'm hugely grateful for as I had no prior knowledge about FNs! Anyways here we go, got an FN!

After much researching and budgeting for a DC2 I recently purchased my first Type R in the form of a 2008 FN2 GT after 2 and a half years of driving a 2004 EP2. For the condition of Integra I wanted, and the money I planned to spend, there were so few I felt happy paying the money for I became briefly disillusioned and began looking at other brands of cars and could see my loyalty to Honda disappearing. After finding no suitable alternatives I decided to try what I thought would be impossible options the first being a DC5 which lead to multiple insurance companies unable to give me quotes due to my age and lack of previous experience and then on to FN2's which I found to be reasonable prices and a damn bit more practical than what a DC2 would have been.
After getting what I considered very reasonable insurance quotes I gathered my funds and began searching high and low to which I ultimately stumbled upon my new pride and joy, my 2008 Milano Red FN2 Type R Gt!

For the price I paid I couldn't be happier, came with 4 brand new tyres, a recent service, 35,000 miles on the clock and I did manage to get £200 off the price the owner wanted due to a cracked driver side wing mirror indicator and only 4 months tax, otherwise the car was an immaculate example. Pictures as follows but they are only from iPhone at the moment. I will start using a proper camera come the time mods start getting added, but here she is!

I did move my broadway mirror from my EP, who you can see in a picture below looking rather lonely and neglected after being demoted from the drive to the road, as I hate using standard mirrors now I don't think I'd feel comfy reversing without my Broadway now
icon11.png

Anyone interested in the EP I can list the mods and upload some pictures although the majority of them where form based and nothing to do with performance as I'm a bit of a sucker for a good looking car over a powerful one.

I'm in love with the FN and am just enjoying having something a little more up to date and powerful for the time being. Till I sell the EP2 I wont have any funds for mods and being that I've jumped from a 1.6 115BHP to this I'm not eyeing up power boosting mods for the time being aside from an intake to afdd a little more growl, however I may have a change of heart when I get the funds, so far things I'm looking at and toying with the idea of getting, and please give me your honest opinions on these as it wont upset me if you slate them as I have no previous experience with FNs so you guys will be moulding my views and opinions on the mods as I'm a clean slate when it comes to these cars, include:

Rep Half Carbon Mugen Wing and Rep Carbon Mugen Grill both from Type R Kits as I've only seen good things written about their products
Intake (either the HKS which everyone on here seems to love, or a TSS one which I've seen some pretty impressive videos of on youtube, although I've never heard of them so if people have had that intake opinions are needed)
icon11.png

And some form of Touch Screen head unit as I need my phones CHOOONAGE which I cant use at the moment and this makes me sad
icon9.png

Another thing I keep finding myself looking at is a set of Rota GR6s but that would be a BIG chunk of my money gone and I'm unsure as I don't dislike the standard ones

As mentioned before I have no idea with these mods, what they are like and if they are considered sacrilege among you FN faithful and experienced, I'm happy around EP's as I've spent the past 3-4 years on forums related to them and I know what is and isn't good for them whereas FNs I'm a little clueless!

Anyway hopefully the thread progresses well, you guys enjoy reading it and I can further my knowledge of the Type R family and properly become engrossed in it!

Much love

D3ano!!

Very very nice car man. It looks beautiful!

On the note of the music from your phone. Im not sure which youre using. But if youre using an iphone. I actually have a solution for you. Its called a GTA car kit. I ordered mine from them kn ebay in the USA. They deliver world wide. Anyway it plugs into your radios shuttle point which makes the radio think your iphone/ipod is the shuttle. So you can still use the steering wheel controls for it.
It has an aux point as well so if you using android or something else. You can still play your music. Obviously with aux, you wont be able to control the tracks, etc from your phone.

I moved mine from my Accord to the civic today and it was a pretty simple process. Most important is i have my all my music again. Which makes me happy.

nice clean car first mod personally would be fast road set up transforms handling and looks a bit nicer being bit lower . idea for wheels get them sprayed black looks good on a milano and if you dont mind oem wheels might be a cheap fix for a while

Nice looking GT Deano, Milano is a nice colour when it is clean, do you have a list of future plans for the FN2? You can purchase a TRO decal from the shop, become a member and it opens up a lot more forum options.

baldydave is spot on about the fast road set up, TDI Performance did mine with the 30mm eibach lowering kit and camber bolts. Combined with new potenza tyres and brembo discs / cosworth pads it has transformed the car.

Cheers for the replies guys, baldydave and stereom1ke I've seen nothing but good things about the fast road set ups from what I've read on here and other forums but due to my driveway being on a slope and having a fairly sharp peak at the the entrance lowering is a no go for me as I have minimum clearance as it is :( but I may look at getting the wheels sprayed, I have a couple friends who had colours baked to their wheels as well which would be a possibility I suppose!

Hello bud, you can't go wrong with the HKS racing suction kit! Sounds amazing and looks the part in the engine bay! Also one of the better short ram kits performance wise!

*UPDATE*

Been lazy with the thread lately just got back from a week in Magaluf and just didn't bother getting round to updating my thread as I changed my exhaust :) I did intend to get the martelius exhaust but due to them not being very urgent in replying to my emails I went with the Milltek non resonated, I'm over the moon with the choice as there is next to no drone when normal cruising but as soon as you put your foot down it gives that more aggresive sound I was desperate for! Looking to get just a crappy cheapy intake to give it a little more volume and when I start going more performance oriented with the car I'm looking at a Tegiwa box with some kind of scoop set up as I don't want to lose my fog lights, any suggestions on which crappy noise based intakes would be great :) not gonna get a HKS as the price is too much in my eyes for something which is better known for its sound gains anyways photo's! I got barely any as I was slaving away as the nuts where horrendous and I eventually had to drive with all the exhaust removed, bar the mid section, to a garage to have them heated with oxyacetylene to get them off, snuck a photo of my friends Almeira which is in its final stages of being turbo'd I believe, gorgeous car!

Back