• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Danny_J's Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3

Please don't get F1A2. Very overrated! Michelin PS4 would be a much better choice!

PBS pads would be a good choice. Turns out I have a set for sale. :)

Please don't get F1A2. Very overrated! Michelin PS4 would be a much better choice!

PBS pads would be a good choice. Turns out I have a set for sale. :)

I already have the Eagle F1s on my summer wheels. They are decent tyre i find (well better than T1Rs, but thats not hard really is it... :) ) They have good levels of grip but the side walls are a bit too soft for my liking. Would the PS4s be the best option as a all rounder, ie not semi slicks etc so if there is rain, snow i will be able to find grip! Was thinking of trying bridgestones out and seeing how i get on as many people rate them.

Never really heard of PBS pads, only that they last around 500 miles on track. Ill do some research on them against the RC5+.

PM how much you want for them as i might be interested.

I'm loathing my F1A2's currently and it's only damp out! Third gear when VTEC engages and still isn't gripping! Ugh! Having to drive so carefully, which is what I didn't enjoy about the T1R's...

As for the winter tyres I can recommend Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme, had them on my EP3 back when I also used it during winter. I don't know how much snow you usually get, but mine worked perfectly well on wet roads as well as
in heaviest snowfall. I just don't know if they sell Vredestein in the UK? If not, the Michelin Alpin A4/5 are also decent winter tyres.

Cheers
Mike

I had the Rainsport 2's on my last ep3 and no wheelspin in wet or damp in any gear, compared to F1A2 in wet they were brilliant.
Awful in the dry though. The F1A2 are better in the dry.
But I will be trying the PS4's next.

I'm loathing my F1A2's currently and it's only damp out! Third gear when VTEC engages and still isn't gripping! Ugh! Having to drive so carefully, which is what I didn't enjoy about the T1R's...

Haha i know the feeling. I stuggle with grip in most gears when i plant it now with T1Rs.:lol: The F1A2's were always good for me, though i did put them on end of June to November so not that wet out.

Looking forward to getting them back on and seeing how the cope with more power.

As for the winter tyres I can recommend Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme, had them on my EP3 back when I also used it during winter. I don't know how much snow you usually get, but mine worked perfectly well on wet roads as well as
in heaviest snowfall. I just don't know if they sell Vredestein in the UK? If not, the Michelin Alpin A4/5 are also decent winter tyres.

Cheers
Mike

These have been reccomended a lot online and a lot of people seem to like them. Might consider geting them for next winter. We don't get much snow over here but always good to be prepared.

Right, they are also good in wet and damp and not too loud. Which usually isn't a big deal on the CTR anyway :lol:

When I got the car it came with Bridgestone Blizzak winter tyres, which were crap IMO. I've seen them working well on other Hondas, but I wasn't happy with them on the Type R.
Very poor grip and control, especially when braking on snow.

Back