• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dans CW 02 DC5

After a few weeks of thinking and a test drive of Benny-Coupe's DC5 I decided I had to have one. A few weeks on and I found one I liked the look of in Waterford but was waiting until it passed the NCT.

In the mean time I took a trip to Wexford to look at a 2001 C/W DC5 and was a bit disappointing, it just wasn't for me.Instead of wasting the 3 hour trip I rang the owner of the one in Waterford and an hour later I got to view the car. The difference between it and the first one was night and day. An hour later I drove it home feeling ecstatic.

Spec was

2002 C/W with C-Pack

119kms

New OEM exedy clutch

New Brembo Disc's and Pads

Kumho Ecsta Le Sport XL all round.

Mugen Twinloop Cat Back

J's Racing ECU

Heat wrapped DC Sports 4-2-1

Mugen Front Strut Brace

Old sony headunit

Picture filling up on the way home

[/URL]

Some Pictures when I got it home

[url=http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/dan_sw20/media/20130427_144625.jpg.html]

The heater blower isn't working but the previous owner is sending on the fubar'd resistor's replacement that he had on order.

Felt the old radio was letting the car down so got a new Sony single din headunit with bluetooth so it doubles as a handsfree which is really helpful,stops me from having to pull over for a call. Plus I can use my phone (android app) as a remote,its actually quite cool.

The only problem's I've ran into is the key wasn't opening the drivers side door but I took it apart and sorted it,just sticky.

After that it was fitting the radio provisionally, as I've still some more clean up on the wiring to do. I found 3 extra looms wired into the original loom for the radio and some butchered wires in the door and an open wire on the ecu :

Door Actuator off old alarm,didn't get pictures of the new one as it wasn't me who fit it lol
url=http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/dan_sw20/media/2013-04-27113902.jpg.html]

Got an Alarm fitted a few days after as the old one was dodgy.

Gave it another wash today and done a quick tidy up on the bay

Must get around to spraying the rocker cover,split between something like a deep purple,white or just sticking to stock

Grabbed these at a good price and threw them on

US Racing Rear Camber Arms

Looking at the pictures a few weeks ago I was put off but was in MCG today and they seem very decent,similar build quality to OEM. Measured them within 1mm of stock for the NCT on Friday. Have to order the bolts as he doesn't stock them at all and the springs then FRSU

Also picked this up because I think they look sweet,childish but meh

I'll eventually get an ASR brace and matching LCA's
Going to get the surface rust knocked off and undersealed soon,otherwise its very clean underneath

And a quick phone shot,needs a wash

Then I had the NCT , it failed on the SRS light not being on,I never even copped it.

So found that someone in its life put tape over the SRS light behind the facia so it wouldn't shine through.

Once I got it working I could diagnose it and it came up as 7-2, Internal Failure of SRS Unit.

So after a frantic search with it being the long weekend I drove over and got one off Vtec Performance in Mullingar. Fitted it and hey presto,it worked. No more light,well,only when its meant to come on lol

The next day I made another trip over to Vtec Performance to pick up black center console surrounds as I just didn't like the silver and it was looking a bit tired. I also picked up the rear boot light cover as mine was missing.

Unfortunately on the way back a car in front kicked up a rock the size of my fist onto the road and I managed to catch it on the edge of the wheel even after swerving,resulting in a massive sidewall bulge.

So once again a frantic rush to get a new tires for the long weekend and after checking a few places that only had budget tires I found somewhere with Avon Zv5's in my size. I ended going back and getting them changed for Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's as, in my opinion, the Avons just were'nt good enough.

Then I started ordering parts for a service consisting of

OEM Honda Oil Filter
OEM Honda Auxiliary Belt
Honda DOT 4.1 Fluid for top up
Motul 8100 X-cess 5w/40
NGK Iridium BKR7EIX -11

Once they all arrived I fitted everything

Old Plug V New

New Belt V Old

Its much smoother now and almost feels quicker getting into the crossover with the oil and plugs. And the power steering feels "snappy" now compared to the old belt.

Then my order from RE SPIRIT arrived
Tein Springs
Eibach Camber Bolts

Fitted

After fitting the springs I noticed one nut wasn't going on very well on the front driver side wheel and figured it was the stud after trying another nut so I ordered an new stud from Honda (€8.50!!) . But then when I had another look it seems the nuts are just crap and some of them were semi wrung and damaging the studs.

So another trip into MCG and picked up some US Racing black steel nuts and a (fake) Mugen gear knob to save me from looking at the tatty OEM one

DSC_0046.jpg
[/URL]

DSC_0048.jpg

I got the geo and camber set up in a local place but bot sure if I'm 100% happy with it,its better but I think I want more camber.

More soon.

Dan

Mate how low is it? I know it's not mentioned, but do you have spacers on the rears? Would you think a 5 would need spacers if you went any lower?

Super clean dude do love DC5s :D any plans? keep up the great work!

Thanks :) I'll see how it goes,the original plan was to get a standard car and leave it alone lol

Mate how low is it? I know it's not mentioned, but do you have spacers on the rears? Would you think a 5 would need spacers if you went any lower?
Its still a bit above the arches. And I'd say you could throw spacers on it now as it is.

Sorry it took so long to reply,moved house and it took near four weeks to get internet sorted again.

Seems I can't edit the first post without re-typing everything so I'll post here

In the meantime I picked up a Gruppe M off Oregato (Will). I still have to clean the filter,I just threw it on for the time being:

DSC_0094.jpg

Also got some Megan rear LCA's for my birthday of the other half, waiting on the 10 point socket to arrive to fit them:
DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Next up I have to get some front lower bushing's and track rod ends. I was going to go for Energy Suspension bushings but I heard they make it very harsh on the front so I'm going to go for OEM ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Some quick pictures of them fitted

80deb43a-87be-45a4-952f-c24a904a1b75.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

Got a compound,wax and polish today along with a full valet as I'm away for the next two days

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Also got the bolsters repaired while I was there so no more breaking my arse hopping in and the seats got taken out for a wet vac,more pictures soon.
---------------------

No updates for a while but theres a good reason.

I sent the Teg over to a local panel beater to get the underseal done. I picked the panel beater because his work is very good.

The evening I dropped the car over I got a phonecall,someone called in to get a sensor fitted to a lawnmower (above all things) and while reversing back out,with the lawnmower in the boot, he hit the rear qtr panel and left a nasty scrape in it.

I was raging,and to be fair so was the panel beater. A few weeks before I was asking him about respraying the car due to some stone chips etc and he talked me out of it,said it was too clean to be worth it.

Long story short I left it in to get a full respray,underseal and to get the wheels repainted to match the new paint. Its still CW but done in base and clear instead of the original two pack. I'm just waiting on the rear Type R badge to come in,got new side stickers and rear Integra badge.

Since I got it back I sprayed the rocker cover as it was looking a bit tatty and fitted the rear UltraRacing brace (muppet of a thing to fit)

Some quick pics

1Teg.jpg

1wheel.jpg

1Underseal.jpg

1leftback.jpg

2back.jpg

1front.jpg

1rearbrace.jpg

1bay.jpg

11bay.jpg

22front.jpg

2222front.jpg

11front.jpg

Next thing I plan on doing is getting it on a dyno to see if its worth keeping the J's Ecu or going for a Kpro down the line.

* Forgot I fitted front Energy Suspension LCA bushes,very nice fit and feels a good bit better,more so probably due to the old ones being worn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks so strait.

I had the same issue this morning with not being able to edit my first post. It's a pain in the ass because now the title is stuck!

Back