• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

das tech chip?????

just spoke to a local company who do the revo mapping and asked was there anything they could do for my car ,the gent said they could fit a piggy back unit called the das tech unit then re mapping would be done i havnt a clue what this unit is and if any good obviously no where near as good as the k pro but who knows anyone???

Its dastek mate they are up here in scotland. There is thread comparing the 2 that siborg_o (Si) wrote as he had the 2 on his car. The piggyback chip will offer improvements but the k pro offers more extensive adjustments and every man and his dog has one. Thats what I would go for out of the 2.

You could also go stand alone which offers even more tuning capabilties.

What company is it that are offering to fit it?? It could be an option for me if I ever get one.

Gunn79 said:
What company is it that are offering to fit it?? It could be an option for me if I ever get one.

There's a place in Andover thats done quite a few DC2 members cars with Unichips, again not too far from you dude 8)

HASNIC said:
Gunn79 said:

There's a place in Andover thats done quite a few DC2 members cars with Unichips, again not too far from you dude 8)

Think they are called Millways.

They are highly rated unichip tuners but their dyno is very very conservative so take the power/torque readings with a pince of salt.

I may be going there with my unichip one day when I can be bothered to drive all the way there.

The Unichip is actually a great piece of kit for the money. If all you're after is a cheap chip which gives more power and provided you keep to light performance mods it is ideal.

Try to get yourself the newer unichips if your going second hand as they are more reliable. The first ones caused some problems.

I have one on my car, which I used for my straight through mid-pipe and icebox with no problems whatsoever. I recently upgraded to a GruppeM, the first time I started the car, the Engine light came on for 10mins and a slight hesitation from the engine.

But I haven't had another problem since - this is probably because the ECU has had time to adjust to the gruppem.

I could be persuaded to part with my Unichip For £150+ postage if anyone is interested? Postage would be about a fiver.

Si

Vey tempting mate, the kpro fell through :( but after discussing it when we had the mini mini meet way last year I think I have to keep looking for a bargain k pro or go stand alone if I have to fork out for a brand new one.

Back