• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Dash Rattle

An annoying vibrating rattle has been present for the past few weeks from the dash area behind the steering wheel. It's only really most noticeable when stone cold in this weather and when i first drive off. Once warm inside it's not so bad. I only really get it on roughish or uneven roads, which in the main means the whole of my area! :mad:

I've checked various bits of trim and everything seems to be in order.

Could it be that the suspension being quite stiff, means you hear more creaks and rattles inside the car?

It could be, but the location of the noise changes on a daily basis.
Even the noise changes...rattles, chirps, squeaks...gets on my nerves!

Rattles are the worst..... almost as annoying as bad sex :rolleyes:

I thought build quality was ok on the new Civic, is this not the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
almost as annoying as bad sex :rolleyes:

Surley there's no such thing as bad sex, just ugly partners. Even if she's as stiff as a board, you're still dipping your wick.

I'm very much a glass half full man.

mine does this to mate in the area you have said as well, it's worse now i've got the es mounts fitted along with the dc sports manifold, and on a cold morning when it idles higher it's obviously worse, i'm used to it now though as it's a feature of the car all be it annoying though. Once the cars warmed up it goes:)

I have had this, took it in Honda and they claimed to have fixed it but it does happen in the colder weather. Sometimes i can hear it twice a day, other times only twice a week. Wierd.

I've going on the basis that keep it in VTEC mode and the problem goes away. :cool:

You know what............the car is such great fun to drive, you forget about the dash rattle altogether.

It does suprise me with Honda's reputation, that altgough all components are of the highest order, the dash does rattle a bit.
The Mrs 08 plate Yaris is as quiet as............well a sleeping baby.

Mind you that could be down to the softer suspension and the fact that it's only sitting on 15" alloys! :D

Back