• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dashboard

Hello.

On the dashboard of the EP3 (and maybe others) it seems to be made of 2 types of plastic. 1 normal type and another on top which covers the dials section which in my opinion looks slightly better quality.

I hope that description makes sense!! I’m not sure if it even does to me!!

Anyway, does anyone know if the part that covers the dials and top of the dash is actually separate? I cleverly picked up some skirting board from B&Q put it though the boot and rested it on the dash. I have now scratched that part of the dash and wonder if it is a part I can replace or would I need a whole new dash?

I'm so pi55ed off with myself for doing it because I really look after my car and it has fooked up an otherwise perfect interior.

Cheers for any advice.

Jim

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I knew it was a crap description but could think how else to describe it! I have just got a pic off tinternet and put a red line around the bit I'm talking about (hopefully it is attched)
It looks like it might be separate to the rest of the dash so just wondered if it was something that could be replaced with having to remove the whole thing.
Thanks again
Jim

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 24
Oh well, worth a try. Thanks for your response.

Anyone know if this is the sort of thing these invisible fix companies could do or is it more for seats and other fabric?

Cheers

Jim

I know that some companies can do this as when I bought a previous car it had chunks missing out of the dash cos they badly removed a car kit. They use a heated spray plastic but not sure if it would work on the top of the Civic dash as it is textured. Will try and find out the company they used

Back