• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dastek unichip Q

Just a quick one please. I am looking at buying a dastek q unichip. Mods to my car would be cobra sport cat back exhaust . Aem induction kit and japspeed manifold/decat. Once fitted I know the warning light will be displayed and will need mapping. My question is will the remap of the unichip remove the warning light and will the car be safe to drive 200 miles to get it mapped. That is the closest dealer from County Durham that can do this . Thanks David

I have read on here that some people have had good gains with a unichip . I understand that the kpro has More options but yyou pay for them. I'm not planning on supercharging or to turbo. It's easy to say don't bother or kpro but if someone don't want to pay the extra surley this is a good option

Its a fair set up mate, I'd say its worth £100 quid, your check light will stay on. So an 02 sim will be required if your running decat.

I have unichip q, you get what you pay for its no kpro that's for sure. Power output Your looking at around 230ish bhp wise.

Kpro is only £325 from CPL at the moment. You would be daft to go dastek when hondata are becoming so much cheaper.

I would say take the advice off the people on here they know there stuff and get a k100.

They not went down in price now anyway from cpl?

Maybe able to get it for 100 pounds its off a civic , then would need it installed and mapped . Is this worth it ?

I can see where you are coming from to be honest. I've looked back through your posts and can't find how much you paid for the car, but I can understand the attraction of doing mods cheaply.

Say you bought the car for £2,500-£3,500. You then aren't going to be then thinking about spending another £2,500 on mods, Hondata and mapping like people have done in the past. Those days are numbered with the price that you can get an EP3 for now and the budgets that people have for them now.

However you will get, if you ask, the experience of people who have been there and done that and know the best way to go about things.

At the end of the day K100/Kpro will give you better results and with remapping you also tend to get what you pay for. The people like Paul at TDi-North, Sam at TDi-PLC and Romain at Eurospec charge a premium for a map because they are very good at what they do.

You pay your money you take your chances, but there are better ways of doing it.

Kpro is only £325 from CPL at the moment. You would be daft to go dastek when hondata are becoming so much cheaper.

That's a permanent price drop. Anyone supplying a K100 now should be charging this really.

Thanks for your reply loxy. I paid 5500 pounds for the car but its low miles and not a mark on it warranty and so on. I've just been reading up on the Hondata reflash . I've got a catback exhaust and induction and if I'm honest the car seems quick enough for me as it is . With the reflash the vtec point will be lower, and rev slightly higher. It's a better driveability option for me I think rather than going for the highest bhp I can get. This way I can plug and play so to speak and don't have to travel a few hundred miles to get it mapped as I live near Newcastle and are no places local to me that are good honda tuners

Back