• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

dastek unichip?

thinking of geting a used dastek unichip for my 2004 ctr to try and get more midrange torque out of her.
anyone know if a dastek unichip would help with this problem?
i know that if i want to get the best out of my engine i should get kpro or a k100 but they are bloody expensive.
i will only be adding an exhaust (spoon or supersprint b-pipe or fujistbo legalis r) along with my hondata moded airbox,

one went on ebay last sunday made £200 was thinking about it but local unichip tuner wanted £200+vat to remap it to my car but he sell this for £500 mapped and new so was not worth it, from what i have read the unichip is as good as the krpo in terms of results/performance problem is you have to get it remapped every time you alter you car like the k100

Only one that works properly is the Unichip Q.
Don't bother with the older version. Save your pennies and get a Kpro. You won' be dissapointed.;)

i saw that the other day an asked a few questions this is what i got back.

"Exaust powerflow,induction k&n,2002,Easy to fit plugs in between ECU & loom,Selling as have a skyline and the civic is being sold very soon well px'ed and needs to be standard ! V tec starts at 6000 Hope his helps
jason"

I have a unichip lying around at home also with the vtec module to allow adjustment.

Your £500 fitted is about right but the vtec module is around an extra £100.

I bought it for my old ATR but then sold it an the unichips in the cupboard still :lol: spose i ought to get around to selling it, just for info i paid £150 for it with the vtec module ;)

I have a unichip lying around at home also with the vtec module to allow adjustment.

Your £500 fitted is about right but the vtec module is around an extra £100.

I bought it for my old ATR but then sold it an the unichips in the cupboard still :lol: spose i ought to get around to selling it, just for info i paid £150 for it with the vtec module ;)

if selling please drop me a line;)

i have a unichip Q+ in my car, with toda manifold, hks catback & gruppeM it was making 235bhp.

Value for money they simply cannot be beaten. they sell with my tuner for £440 fitted and mapped, compared to hondata 700ish+original ecu + 450ish to custom remap, leaves it nearly 3 times the price.

Saying that, i have just taken delivery of a hondata so we can compare the 2.

The unichip is alright for what it does and it's plugin so can be removed and sold on without the need of finding another ECU.

If you don't plan to do anymore mods and are happy with the OEM crossover point then they are good enough.

If you plan on getting a manifold don't bother as you won't get the best out it without Kpro.

im running an rbc intake, aem cai and full exhaust system, the car made 207 before a map, and with the unchip Q it now running 230 bhp, it's not brill but i had to get a map as the car was running like a dog, over fueling and mpg was right down, now im planning crower cams bigger thorttle body and im probably going to get a hondata or a hks system, any way my point is you get what you pay for, and you have to make sure its inline with what you have planned

I've just got a standard ep3 with no mods.

According to the dastek site it makes a big difference. That said, it doesn't say if the table is from a standard car.

Also strange that the bhp before only goes up to about 150bhp, it can't be that much down on claimed bhp figures surely.

On a similar note my mate is getting his golf gti remaped. IIRC its about £700 and should produce 262bhp at the end of it. His is standard.

Now thats a big increase for the money, although it's a turbo car.

Back