• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DB increase?

Im getting a toda manifold fitted along with a JRSC to my DC5 next month, just wondering if im gona have major issues DB wise when it comes to trackdays,the rest of the exhaust is an Apexi Hayabussa unit.
Cheers,Ads.

Everything is going to get a lot louder.
Not sure how loud the Apexi is to start with though

Full Toda (What I got ATM) is probably pushing it on some of the more strict tracks. Past 4,000rpm it does get quite loud.

The Hayabusa is a loud unit, won't be far off 100dB. Toda Manifold won't help matters!

Thought as much,guess il just have to get a reading when its set up.Does the bung for the tailpipe help much?

I also wouldn't be running the bung on track esp if it's supercharged, it doesn't do the motor a lot of good. You'll be lucky to be less than 110db IMO with the Haybusa/Toda/JRSC combo.

You'll have to replace the whole exhaust mate as the Hayabusa has a bespoke B Pipe to back box join. Toda is quiet.

Decided to keep the cat on in the end,measured the noise levels at 5000rpm, ended up with
97db without bung
90db with bung in.

Back