• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

dc sports bung

Hi ive got a dc sports cat back system fitted to my ep3 it sounds fantastic how ever the drone is driving me and the missus nuts I
brought it second hand so dont have a bung for it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if fitting one will remove the drone and
what size internal diameter the pipe is ive seen universal ones on ebay but they are 1 3/4"i know its going to happen but i dont want to restrict the flow and lose any gains ive got by fitting the system in the first place
any help/coments would be apreciated thanks

hey pal i just bought the dc sports catback also, was a nighmare fitting it as had to grind the cat studs off and drill through, its blowing also.
i dont think it drones too bad i mean yer in 4th and 5th it drones but depends what your used to lol.
i have the bung so will measure it tomorrow and give you the measurements pal

cheers mate it sounds great below 3000rpm and fantastic above 5000rpm but its unbearable between which just happens to be where its sits 80% of the time lol.

Ye I used metal crush gaskets for the two pieces at the back ( b pipe to silencer and silencer to backbox)
The thing is at each side where it bolts there is no blowIng it's just in the centre of the joint there is a slight gap where it's not sitting flush so it's blowing through there. It's as if the gasket needs to be fairly thick.
Where did you purchase the gaskets pal could you remember the size? Cheers

I got the same exhaust along with a dc sports mani and when I have to leave for work really early / going on the motorway etc I bought one of these to pop in

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320594872563#ht_1744wt_1187

Its not a perfect fit I have to whack it in a bit (so tight I dont bother putting the bolts in) and just pull it out with some pliers when I need to.

90% of the time it is out, I love the sound too much :)

Also does give the car a totally different sound when the bung is in (more engine / vtec noise) which was quite interesting

Cheers thats what i was looking at did you notice a drop in performance when it was fitted. And did it remove the drone?

If there is a drop in performance it was un-noticeable, and yes it defiantly removes the drone, way quieter!

As I say it is a very tight fit and it is a squeeze to get it into the end of the exhaust.. I dont know if that will bother you

That sounds perfect ive been told to make it quiet or take it off lol.
So its getting bunged and only removed every now and then when im out for a thrapsing sesion.
thanks for the advise.

Have to ask, fitted my dc system over the weekend and without the bung it sounds unreal.

My only problem being on start up the exhaust drones at 2,000 RPM. Which is horrific for my neighbours at 6:30am.

Does fitting the bung totally numb the exhaust in terms of sound? Or am i still going to be waking the street up?

If so is it possibly to take the start up rev's down?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i might be getting a dc sports exhaust and was wandering how effective the bung actually is??

the only thing i am concerned at is motorway driving, so does it cure drone??

anybody able to make a comparison video, would be much appreciated :D

Back