• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC Sports cat back / spoon b pipe

Spooner Restorations

Approved Trader
Hi guys, thought I'd post my query in here; I have a full DC Sports system and manifold. I've played around with the exhaust to the best of my abilities to adjust how the cat back sits under my car (DC5)... The problem I have is the centre box fouls the tunnel/chassis when the car is running. There is around 3mm clearance between the centre box and the chassis. Subsequently, when driving it vibrates on the chassis at low revs and rattles. I've had enough now. The only other thing I can do is get some heat on the hanger and try to bend it away from the offending area.

My other thought was to change to a spoon b pipe and mate it to the DC back box. However not sure if these two would be compatable? I guess they would be, but not sure. Anybody hazard a guess? The spoon centre box is alot smaller in diameter than the DC.

Any thoughts & knowledge please share. Thanks.

Think I'll get TGM to heat and bend one of the hangers over a bit. Either that or give into temptation and plump for a full spoon system. The spoon boom is awesome :lol:

Back