• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC sports mani noise help?

Had this fitted today, is it supposed to make some sort of hissing sound when you put your foot down and when you stab/poke the throttle?

Last edited by a moderator:
No i only heard it on my way home as i was concentrating and no longer in excitement after having my car mapped

i would do few more miles with it then if its getting louder or still there go and see him,
hows the car now its been mapped?

Not understanding torque curves and all that mapping business, i went with the K100 along with RBC, Hondata gasket, DC mani and my already fitted AEM CAI and Spoon N1 cat-back and my boy does it bloody pull!!! I maxed out at 237.9bhp and 199 point something bhp at the wheels. this was with air temperature at average of 28 degrees C.

I was told these numbers were really top notch in regards to my car specifically but the CAI was holding my car back and that an ARC or GM would free up as much as 5bhp due to intake pipe size. (i belive romain as i think he has more than enough mapping experience)

I would recommend eurospec and Romain any day, good customer service and welcoming.

puts a big certificate smile on your face the first time you take it out with the kpro:D
i went for the tegiwa box but wished i got the arc,the fitting just not right on the GM/teg moddin scuttles and messing about with velcro strap shiz
i wouldnt worry and the hissin. just enjoy :lol:

smile wasnt the word for it after the test drive, Ben saw my face when walking back into the workshop willing to happily pay for the work done today. BIG THUMB'S Up to Eurospec and Romain

smile wasnt the word for it after the test drive, Ben saw my face when walking back into the workshop willing to happily pay for the work done today. BIG THUMB'S Up to Eurospec and Romain

Even thought his thread was started as you were worried about a noise your mani was making? :eek:

With the aspiration being improved greatly and the air flow rate much higher it may just be the car breathing through the AEM.

Just give Romain a call I'm more than sure he will put your mind at rest one way or another.

+1 with Suits.

These are the normal noises associated with a decat/header etc. Nothing to worry about.

yeh im going to pop down there to see him again today, but i was told by them 4-2-1's usually make a hissing "shhhhhhh" sound after e-mailing them but better be safe than sorry, not a major problem.

Have you ruled out 'blowing'?

That said, I'm sure Ro would have identified anything like that.

I removed the hood liner, and my car whines - it's definitely induction noise, and that's just a standard airbox; I'm inclined to agree that the increased/improved air flow'll be responsible for the noise.

I want hissing. Through an ARC or a GruppeM.

Went back to euro spec today and had Ben the owner take my car for the test drive and he said it was definately the AEM CAI making the "hissing noise", so its induction noise cause it was coming from that area of the car, So no worries.

They even took 1hr to fit my stopTech disc's and feredo pads unexpectedly and charged me peanuts!

Back