• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC Sports Manifold

Hi all,

I wanted to get some opinions on the DC sports manifold for a DC5, good gains, build quality etc and will it fit to an OEM system for the time being.

thanks.

Best header for the price. Great gains when mapped. Quality is good, you need uprated mounts though. Will fit onto oem system yes.

Thanks James, by uprated mounts i assume you mean engine mounts. I have got energy mounts would they suffice.

Best header for the price. Great gains when mapped. Quality is good, you need uprated mounts though. Will fit onto oem system yes.

hey guys any chance you could enlighten me as to why you should upgrade the mounts? got me worried I just fitted a dc sports mani

The engine rocks backwards and forwards on OEM mounts when accelerating and engine braking.

Fitting uprated engine mounts reduces this and in doing so protects your manifold from cracking due to flex.

Some manifold manufacturers won't warranty their manifolds unless they are fitted with uprated mounts.

The engine rocks backwards and forwards on OEM mounts when accelerating and engine braking.

Fitting uprated engine mounts reduces this and in doing so protects your manifold from cracking due to flex.

Some manifold manufacturers won't warranty their manifolds unless they are fitted with uprated mounts.

I see, nice one. Would you recommend getting a torque damper aswel?

I see, nice one. Would you recommend getting a torque damper aswel?

Not if you are fitting engine mounts as well.

A lot of people don't get on with ETDs, they can rattle badly if not set up correctly. I personally never had a problem with mine.

Even so and again, no need if you are getting engine mount inserts.

Not if you are fitting engine mounts as well.

A lot of people don't get on with ETDs, they can rattle badly if not set up correctly. I personally never had a problem with mine.

Even so and again, no need if you are getting engine mount inserts.

any you would recommend? im not really clued up on this sort of stuff :-( .

Back