• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar

lower-tie-bars-small.jpg

DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar helps to strengthen the rear control arms by bracing the sheet metal at its weakest point. Designed especially for hard-core performance drivers. Suspension stability and handling is improved by eliminating the flexing common in the low-mounted rear control arms. Constructed from the same materials as DCs upper bars, the rear lower bar is the perfect addition to the upper tie bars.

Does anyone have this fitted?? Does it actually give any improvement that you can noitice (or is it more of a 'show' item)?? Would fitting one to an otherwise standard suspension set up be adviseable, or would a front brace be needed to balance out.

Also for those who have one - How hard is it to fit, is it a case of just undoing the bolts and fitting the DC Tie Bar??

Cheers. :)

I've got the Spoon one fitted mate. In all honesty I can't really tell the difference but I did have it fitted the same time as Spoon progressives and JDM anti-roll bars so the feel of the car changed a lot in one go. I'd advise on having it fitted though. If you get underneath the car and take a look at the section it fits to you might come to think that that section might be slightly weaker than the rest of layout so therefore needs the brace as an additional support. Could be wrong but that's what I observed and came to that conclusion.

I have one fitted.

I wouldnt say i noticed a difference in my car, but it isnt exactly the most powerful car :wink:. It just gives the rear of the car more support, and makes it stiffer. Probably does something in reality, but not really noticeable.

I think i noticed a difference if you go into roundabouts fairly quickly, but it might just be my brain wanting to see a difference ;)

Yes there easy to fit, undo both bolts, hold the rear suspension arm (think thats what its called) up with something, slide bolts through tiebar and replace.

As with CTR I had the spoon one fitted along with a JDM rear anti roll bar, and spoon rear strutt brace, the three items certainly make the rear aot tighter, hope this helps.

Ive got the spoon one along with the JDM Sway bar, does make a difference in cornering.

I have heard that the DC sport one is more for cosmetic rather that functionality!

I can get hold of Carbing lower rear tie bar.
It's a one piece construction with no rivet joints so it's more solid than Spoon and DC Sports version.

6902190.jpg

It'll be cheaper than the Spoon version too.

Gunn79 said:
Cheers for the info - does anyone have the part no. for the Spoon one??

:)

Lower Arm Bar Rear CIVIC TYPE-R EP3 74351-DC5-000 £85.26

Taken from Spoonsportseurope.net. Hope this helps you Paul

i would go for the one Trung can get his hands on, If he is selling them then it must be good sh*t!!! lol

Not just yet.
I'm going to order one next month to test out.
Cost will probably be around £85 posted whilst Spoon costs £110 plus P&P.

Trung said:
I can get hold of Carbing lower rear tear bar.
It's a one piece contruction with no rivet joints so it's more solid than Spoon and DC Sports version.

6902190.jpg

Looks good, I'm interested in that :) - when you get it let us know what its like, as you say the one piece rigid construction should be more beneficial for performance.

I presume it would come with longer fitting bolts, or would it require a long socket to use the OE bolts??

Trung said:
I can get hold of Carbing lower rear tear bar.
It's a one piece contruction with no rivet joints so it's more solid than Spoon and DC Sports version.

6902190.jpg

Very interested Trung !

Let us know how you get on with it mate. 8)

Right - Found the Carbing Lower Rear Tie Bar on this US site;

www.jhpusa.com

Carbing Tie Bar here;

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_78

Ok - After emailing JHPUSA about the above item - I have received this speedy response...

Shipping will be $47 for US air mail 4-10 business days. We can accept
money orders, cashier's checks or bank wire transfers only from outside of
the US.

Not being a regular overseas buyer, what do these payment options mean??

I presumes it means I cant pay by credit card?? What options do I have??

what about a group buy for these?
I know a few people (including me) were interested
its worth an ask isn't it?

Back