• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC2 1800cc to 2000cc conversion

Hi, New to Hondas but I am looking at the possibility of racing an Integra and have heard of a modification to the DC2 engine to bore and line it to give it a capacity of 2000cc.

Anyone know anything about this and what the performance gains might be? anyone dome it?

Thanks

I think the common conversion is the B20 bottom end. Unfortunately I am not clued up technically on the subject, but searching B20 conversion etc... on the forums may help.

I thought that the DC2 had a B18 engine? I think that the bottom end of the car I am thinking of looking at has had a 2 litre capacity increase to this bottom end but am not certain.

I thought that the DC2 had a B18 engine? I think that the bottom end of the car I am thinking of looking at has had a 2 litre capacity increase to this bottom end but am not certain.

Yep - The DC2 has the B18C 1.8L as standard.

I think the B20 commonly used in the conversion comes from the Honda CRV.

Have you looked on www.itr-dc2.com ??

Its an amazing resource, and you will find a couple of users who have had the 2.0L conversion.

Heres one (you may need to sign up to view it)

http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24817&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=b20&start=0

If you're going to go B20 then it really does need to be done properly with block braces and possibly having it lined as well.

You can take the B18 out to 2.2 ish using the existing block but with a complete new bottom end, new sleeves and so on. It's not cheap whatever way you look at it!

But the car I am looking at has already had a 2 litre conversion done (and is available already race prepared for an apparently reasonable price). I just don't know whether its a bored out B18 or a B20.

But the car I am looking at has already had a 2 litre conversion done (and is available already race prepared for an apparently reasonable price). I just don't know whether its a bored out B18 or a B20.

Could be either, there is no way of us telling you what it'll be, so you'll have to dig around and have a look to see if there are any tell tale signs in the engine bay.

Back