• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 buddyclub coilovers + footwork lower arms

Here are my new coilovers and fantastically pimp my ride lower arms :lol:

hopefully should be on monday now as we nned to have some little stainless top hats machined up to get it to fit.

More pics to follow on monday during fitting etc.. and a full write up on how they feel (with a spring rate of 12kg at the front and 8kg at the rear its going to be a little stiff!!!)
:D

Oh yeah, also getting front camber adjusters done at the same time :D

More stiff then a std DC2? That's going to be really hard lol.

Was going to add a joke but I thought it be too rude :lol:

Serious;y mate - it will be a go kart after these!

MilanoChris said:
More stiff then a std DC2? That's going to be really hard lol.

Was going to add a joke but I thought it be too rude :lol:

Serious;y mate - it will be a go kart after these!

I hope so mate, Snetterton will be the proving ground for it though :D

There isn't a huge amount more i can do handling wise after these, as i think its everything covered :? :D

Looking good mate. I had get mine out of the box earlier on just to have another look at em :oops: :lol:

Well now they are all fitted, and the geometry is all done!

First impressions, stiff but not toooooo bad, esp as the spring rates are 12kg front 8kg. Its on the softest setting at the front and a couple of clicks up on the rear and is fine for normal road use (IMO!)

Virtually no body roll at road cornering speeds, very composed and just feels superb. The pillow ball top mounts haven't made any noises as of yet, and haven't made the ride any worse over the poly bushes, just stiffer if that makes sense?

Fitment wasn't the easiest as we needed to do a bit of jiggery pokery with brake line running and the ARB mounts but its all spot on now.

We've only dropped the car 20-25mm approx as i still need good clearance and with camber i'm running -1.5deg front/-1.65deg rear as a base and i might go a bit further (-1.75/-2.0deg) but i'll see how i get on!

I've got a run upto Oxford then Northants over the next day so will have a good play on the roundabouts on the A43 and give a full report later this week :D

Will have to get my finger out and get the rest of the suspension sorted, can't have you coming past me. Do you need to regas you shockers after a period of time. Looking forward to seeing how the car handles.

Nick...seeing as Tom has spent so long on your car over the last few weeks, you gonna let him drive it to its full potential :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's really wetting my appetite now fella.

Time is gonna drag for till I get mine fitted now.

Looking good I must say.

Sara said:
Nick...seeing as Tom has spent so long on your car over the last few weeks, you gonna let him drive it to its full potential :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure i'll let Tom have a play with it at Snetterton, for set-up purposes only of course :D :wink:

And friendy, not sure about regassing them, the instructions are all in Japanese so will have to have a hunt around for some info on that so cheers for giving me a mental nudge :D

CTR said:
That's really wetting my appetite now fella.

Time is gonna drag for till I get mine fitted now.

Looking good I must say.

Cheers mate, looking forward to a comparitive view between the DC2 ones and EP3 ones :D

Well after giving them a good run out at the Hants meet, i'm really pleased with them, and the overall set-up that Tom @ TGM has done on the car :twisted:

Can't recommend them enough :wink:

Nor can I after seeing the speed he was taking some corners at :twisted: :twisted:

Back