• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dc2 Non start - possible alarm/immobilizer fault - help/info required

I've recently purchased a Dc2 Type r which has been parked up for four years with no battery fitted.
Both alarm fobs (factory cat 1, two button remotes) are pretty worn and both had flat batteries which have now been replaced.
One fob led lights up when used, the other fob still inop with no illuminating led.
Fitted a new starter battery to the car but the alarm siren won't stop going off until I discontent the starter battery, even when the remote buttons are pressed and also the alarm siren key turned either way!!

Anyone know if the remotes require re-programming to the car? Any wiring diagrams/fuse locations for the alarm siren? Does the alarm siren key actually do anything?
Is this a common problem? Amyone know of any companies who repair/refurb/test alarm remote fobs?

The car came with two keys with two cat 1 two button remotes, one red key and one single button red remote.

Thanks in advance

Is it a UK or JDM car?

Any idea what brand the alarm is? It's likely that the alarm isn't being disarmed.

Is it a UK or JDM car?

Any idea what brand the alarm is? It's likely that the alarm isn't being disarmed.

Hi Chris,
Sorry I should have mentioned it's a 1999 UK model.
The alarm is a Honda Thatcham Cat 1.
The alarm siren is black casing with a red coloured centre siren.

Yeah its seems to be the case, I'm just trying to find out some info on the system as there seems to be very limited info available.

Is it a Hamilton Palmer unit? I seem to recall Honda were fitting them around that time. One options might be just to get an aftermarket alarm fitted by the likes of Clifford, the installer will be able to remove the OE fitted stuff.

If the alarm is correctly wired it will have zero interaction with the main relay.

Thanks for the info.
The remotes are both in poor/worn condition and I've not managed to get the car started to to the alarm going off as soon as the battery is connected
which really pisses the neighbors off which has slowed up progress lol
I've removed the drivers seat and found the original factory Thatcham alarm box and am thinking of just removing the alarm system completely.
The car still has the factory Honda immobilizer anyway which is good enough for me.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams or tips on removing the alarm loom?
Anyone done this already? I'd like to do a proper job and remove all the loom.
Anyone know how many points of immobilization?

Thanks

This is the Cat 1 alarm which I'm guessing is dealer fitted. The car is a 1999 model.
Any wiring diagrams for this system?
I'm gonna have to strip the whole lot out but would be handy to find out the four/five main wires on the alarm control box which would aid me in starting the car.
Thanks

IMG_7960.jpg
IMG_7964.jpgIMG_7963.jpgIMG_7962.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a Hamilton Palmer system, personally I would just have it replaced with a more modern system, the installer should be able to remove the original.

This definitely looks like the factory fitted Hamilton palmer unit. They fitted the brain under the seat which means it gets damp when stood. I have just had this issue after battery died and did get a copy of the wiring but ended up calling an alarm guy to come and fit a new cat 1 as it won’t be insured if it’s just disabled. he did give the option of disabling it only for £50 so it might be worth calling an alarm fitter and save the faff.

This definitely looks like the factory fitted Hamilton palmer unit. They fitted the brain under the seat which means it gets damp when stood. I have just had this issue after battery died and did get a copy of the wiring but ended up calling an alarm guy to come and fit a new cat 1 as it won’t be insured if it’s just disabled. he did give the option of disabling it only for £50 so it might be worth calling an alarm fitter and save the faff.
Yes it's definitely a Hamilton and Palmer alarm.
Where did you get a copy of the wiring diagram from? Do you still have it?

Yes it's definitely a Hamilton and Palmer alarm.
Where did you get a copy of the wiring diagram from? Do you still have it?
From what I remember it’s the left hand drive version but you should probably still be able to make use of it. I will have to have a look through my files. Can’t you follow the wiring from the alarm brain to where it’s been connected into the loom? I am unsure how I am allowed to share the pdf on this forum but I will look for it when I get home.

From what I remember it’s the left hand drive version but you should probably still be able to make use of it. I will have to have a look through my files. Can’t you follow the wiring from the alarm brain to where it’s been connected into the loom? I am unsure how I am allowed to share the pdf on this forum but I will look for it when I get home.
Any joy with this wiring diagram?

Back