• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dc2 Recaros Cleaning

now then guys

Basically im on the search for a bit of info from yourselves and to have abit of a rant.

1. What is the best/good product to clean my recaros? As im abit sceptical on what to use with it being suede on bolsters.

2. Bit of a rant going on as im fuming at the moment as i have just spent over of grand at honda to do some work, which i'am very pleased with and would use them again, but some idiot who works there has put a huge greasy oil stain on the bolster and properly mad :mad:. I supplied them with two seat cover which i always keep in the car and i ALWAYS use when i have my work clothes on, but seeing as i have a works van I vey rarely go in my car with work clothes on. Also i probably put more cleaning time into the interior than i do the exterior and i would notice something like that.

3.When i picked my car up on friday, it was about 5ish and pitch black, so i wouldn't have been able to see it then and i didnt notice it whilst 3 o'clock saturday afternoon, which was to late to ring up the service department. If i go back to them and demand something to be done about it am i going to get the cold shoulder and expect the classic line of 'well you could have put that there yourself'?

Help appreciated and rant over :)

as above, ive got my black recaros out at the moment for a clean, the AG works pretty well, theres a few guides online on how to dismantle the seats completely to give them a real good deep clean.

I cleaned up my Recaros very successfully using Chemical guys fabric clean and a soft brush on the outer alcantara parts. Be careful what you rub the centre mesh part with as you can make it go fluffy or pull a loop, personally I'd stick with a microfibre cloth or similar. After cleaning the bolsters, dry off with a towel to remove any excess water, otherwise you'll find yourself with tide marks.

Brake cleaner on seats or anything fabric sound like a fucked up plan.

It does sound abit shady and i would be worried about using it, but it's what i got told by dunx from fastjapcars.com who has alot to do with tegs and ek9's and does know his stuff, lol

I cleaned up my Recaros very successfully using Chemical guys fabric clean and a soft brush on the outer alcantara parts. Be careful what you rub the centre mesh part with as you can make it go fluffy or pull a loop, personally I'd stick with a microfibre cloth or similar. After cleaning the bolsters, dry off with a towel to remove any excess water, otherwise you'll find yourself with tide marks.

I think i could be goiing down this route, luckily it's just on the alcantara part, so i don't have to worry about f***ing up the centre mesh part :smt023

Back