• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 Tyre Choice

I am gonna need a set of 4 tyres soon for my UK DC2. the two tyres I am gonna choose from, are the OE Bridgstone RE010 (195/55/15) or the Yokohama Advan AD05 LTS.

The Bridgestones are good IMO, I currently have a set. The car was designed to wear them as OE, and offer the typical stiff side wall.

The Advan AD05 LTS is a Lotus spec tyre, and is found on the front of the S1 Elise. The size is 195/50/15. Some people swear by them on the DC2 forum, the difference in size is not a problem.

The AD05 looks like this;
advanneova.jpg

I can get the Advans from my local Lotus for £88 inc. VAT
The disadvantage is obviously its a much softer tyre than the Bridgestone, but I am only doing approx. 6000 miles a year in my DC2, so 1 set should last nearly a year.

Does anyone have any thoughts on running the Advans over the Bridgestones?? The price will be nearly the same for both, I am just a little concerned about the winter performance of the Advans??

I vote the tyres that are, made for your car.

Bridgstone RE010?

I know quite a few DC2 owners, and they all tend to go back to the Pots

I've ran the Advans on mine since i've had it and they are probably the best all round tyre going dude, you really wouldn't be dissapointed with them. The amount of water they shift make them ideal for this time of year :wink:

They suffer on track in hot conditions as they overheat a bit, but 99% of the time you won't find a grippier tyre other than going for semi slicks :)

Just as a note, they were designed as wet weather S1 Exige tyres so are meant for wetter conditions :wink:

HASNIC said:
I've ran the Advans on mine since i've had it and they are probably the best all round tyre going dude, you really wouldn't be dissapointed with them. The amount of water they shift make them ideal for this time of year :wink:

They suffer on track in hot conditions as they overheat a bit, but 99% of the time you won't find a grippier tyre other than going for semi slicks :)

Just as a note, they were designed as wet weather S1 Exige tyres so are meant for wetter conditions :wink:

Cheers for the info 8) Much appreciated. I think I will deffo get a set ordered in from Lotus, as it seems cheaper than Book A Track online.

Just a final question - Does the 50 profile make much difference, is it enough to affect the speedo?? Also with less tyre to fill the arch, will it look a little funny, or is it not enough to notice?? :oops:

It makes the speedo under read a tad, but better to over read than under read! And as for the profile, it doesn't make any real difference to look at, not sure if you saw mine when we were both at TGM, but it was on the Advans then and I think it looks fine :)

HASNIC said:
It makes the speedo under read a tad, but better to over read than under read! And as for the profile, it doesn't make any real difference to look at, not sure if you saw mine when we were both at TGM, but it was on the Advans then and I think it looks fine :)

Yeah - I saw yours at TGM 8) But it was on the BC coilovers, so I was unsure if it looked funny with standard suspension set up.

Got a call from lotus to say the tyres have come in Wed 7th (day after ordered them ).

Will collect them next Wednesday as I am up near Exeter then :D

Gunn79 said:
Got a call from lotus to say the tyres have come in Wed 7th (day after ordered them ).

Will collect them next Wednesday as I am up near Exeter then :D

Good man, just watch how much spray they kick up in heavy rain :twisted:

Back