• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC2 vs DC5 recaros

Am i right in thinking that there is a slight differences between the DC2 and DC5 recaros?

DC2- red with black stitching of "Recaros"
DC5- red with white stitching of "Recaros"

:?

cheers

Gary

They are pretty much the same basic seat but yeah the DC5 ones have white stiching rather than black with the Recaro logo.

GaryMan said:
what would you say the 2nd hand market price for these will be

:roll:

For a mint set of DC2 ones £600 ish and for DC5 ones probably nearer £800 at a guess, both prices are with rails!

HASNIC said:
GaryMan said:

For a mint set of DC2 ones £600 ish and for DC5 ones probably nearer £800 at a guess, both prices are with rails!

I've just sold a set of DC5 ones for 550. in the end :(

Andy

andyd said:
HASNIC said:
GaryMan said:

Andy

Bloody hell mate,

I guess they are only worth what people are prepared to pay at the end of the day!

I bought a set of DC5 ones 2 years ago for £500, absolutely mint.

They are going in the DC2 this weekend but I will take pictures of both, the DC2 ones are already sold.

N77 said:
I see you have a bid in on a set on ebay GaryMan ;)

Carl

apparently i have won them but a couple of days ago, i got a PM from another seller on ebay informing me that the recaros are actually from a DC2 and not a DC5 as the seller stated.

so i'm somewhat confused :?

Carl

what do you reckon the ones i won on ebay??

i sent the seller a PM after the one i got saying that i have to pay for the ebay fee of £20.

so are the DC2 or 5 recaros on ebay???

is £500 ok for what i've "won" ????

HELP!!!

I have no idea of the differences really apart from what you and Nic have posted.

£500 is not bad if the seats are in good condition though but they did look like they hadn't got any rails so that will be a couple of hundred I would of thought on top to fit them in your car.

If the seats are advertised differently to what they were meant to be then you can refuse to buy them afaik and need not pay anything as he will claim the fees back from ebay.

TBH I would of been put off by his feedback myself but just kept an eye on them incase :lol:

Carl

when i was bidding for them, he had a 100% feedback :?

i'm really in two minds whether to just buy them off him or just completely ignore him :roll:

or i could just tell him to bugger off as he didnt give an accurate discription ??

andyd said:
HASNIC said:
GaryMan said:

Andy

Cheers for letting me know :( :( :p ...

....you know who your m8's are.

:D

GaryMan said:
Carl

what do you reckon the ones i won on ebay??

i sent the seller a PM after the one i got saying that i have to pay for the ebay fee of £20.

so are the DC2 or 5 recaros on ebay???

is £500 ok for what i've "won" ????

HELP!!!
£20 to Ebay fees?
Tell him to fook off :!:
Wether the seats are cheap or not, its very wrong for the seller to demand the bidder to pay for Ebay fees.

Why don't you show us the link then we might be able to help you out :idea:

They look like DC2 seats to me mate from that link you posted.

Plus the buyer doesn't pay the ebay fees!

Those photos look cack. If hes not too far from you, you can go and view the seats BUT refuse to pay the extra £20.
If you read his feedback, he tries to avoid Ebay fees. Sounds like a right t0$ser.

As Nick said, they're DC2 Recaro seats.
I know because I'm the Recaro man :lol:
Personally I rather take a neg feedback then letting some w@nker get away from paying Ebay fees.
Tell him you refuse to pay his Ebay fee and its againts TOC or you will report him to have him banned.
GaryMan said:
when i was bidding for them, he had a 100% feedback :?
LMAO!
His poor feedbacks were left on LAST year while you made the bids on late Jan :p

Back