• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC2

My mates just got one, totally mint, 40k miles etc for about £8k

Got me thinking about buying a cheap one and re-building it as a track day car for my dad to use...

Is it the B18 in the DC2? Ive seen loads of go faster bits at ok prices for the DC2 but in not 100% sure on the old cam 'belts' thing...

Anyone any experience?

What do you mean the old cam belts thingy?

Cam belt needs replacing, just s any other car it does that runs a belt. Worth bunging in a Toda belt or Omnipower as they are about twice as strong as stock.

B18C5 in the DC2, cracking unit, old school VTEC and no slower than a CTR upto 100 and WILL lose a stock CTR if the road gets twisty :wink:

Lots of parts for the motor and chassis and would make a great track car with a few trick bits mate 8)

:lol: Just had an issue with a cam belt getting some of donningtons gravel (only ran a little wide :oops: ) trapped between the belt and pully... in the end the motor was scrapped it had done that much damage :lol:

SOates82 said:
:lol: Just had an issue with a cam belt getting some of donningtons gravel (only ran a little wide :oops: ) trapped between the belt and pully... in the end the motor was scrapped it had done that much damage :lol:

Woops, i'm sure a cover could be fabricated to protect it if needed, should be tooooooo hard :lol:

what do ya expect if u ditch in gravel!?!

happens to loads of cars that does... i remeber a clio 172 doing it at bedford..simple off into gravel...= new engine :idea: ouch

8) DC2 CRACKING

I might be wrong, but from memory the belt on the B18 is covered by plastic casing anyway. I remember having to snap the air con belt after the tensioner sheard a few months ago and thinking thank god the cam belt was covered (seeming the loose tensioner could have flown up and smashed the whole lot to bits if it wasn't ). :shock:

Back