• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 bought - it's a long way home. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with Direct Line and they're covering me for 1 week at £33, so I can drive the car home.

I'm not liking the renewal of £1.8k, so I'm going to either go with Admiral or give SKY a go.

I'm waiting for a call back from DL's loyalty department, but I doubt the quote will change much. :lol:
You could try Privilege for a quote ,as they are the same company as directline.New customer discount FTW.

Adrian can't beat Elephants £1.2k. I got a quote last month for £798 with 'Flux but lost the bloody ref number. :x

I insured my DC5 just over a week ago with Privilege at £650.But I'm an old fart at 38.

I insured my DC5 just over a week ago with Privilege at £650.But I'm an old fart at 38.

Elephant and Admiral are like £1250 for me. Adrian Flux said that after a year in the 'teg they will come up with a better quote.

I'm going to see If I can pay off the premium on a 0% CC.

Right, I have a HSBC credit card which has 0% on purchases for 3 months and 0% on balance transfers for 22 months. If I use my girlfriend's CC to pay my insurance premium, can I then pay off her CC with my HSBC one, and it will be 0% for the offer period?

Can't you pay £33 weekly until you're 25?

£396 for 3 months but then you get a sub 1k quote?

No point in that. If I can do this CC 0% transfer then it's all good.

I'd rather not pay APR shizz.

A long shot, but have you tried Brentacre? A chap at work was always banging on at me about them for modified and imports.

They just don't like his WRX that he's running now.

Not yet John will try them now.

I can't do a balance transfer now as I'm one day out from the deal. 1 DAY!!! I'm going mad.

EDIT: What's their number? As the one on their website is not reconised. :|

Last edited by a moderator:
That teg has some history... Just searched it and a thread appeared in the mod area on the teg forum.

ad620f84.jpg

c4b65a0c.jpg

Not yet John will try them now.

I can't do a balance transfer now as I'm one day out from the deal. 1 DAY!!! I'm going mad.

EDIT: What's their number? As the one on their website is not reconised. :|

01792 650 933 works for me, just tried it.

Stuart. Don't. Please. :lol:

John mate, you diamond. They come up with a quote of just over £1k which is 3-400 cheaper. :D

I asked how they did it, and they said they are trying to fill a gap in the market. The guy I spoke to was 'Bobby', awesome chap, knows all about Honda's.

I told him you recommnded me as well. Quote stands for 4 weeks! 8)

Working out my monthly outgoings with the DC5 and it's looking swish. I'm buzzing for tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back