• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Brembo's.

You need a lot of suspention parts from the DC5 to fit them mate, i thought about doing it a while back and spoke to Rory in Canada. :cry:

Scousefella said:
CTR said:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=676

Ah, the search button. :oops:

:lol: :lol:

You got any idea how much it woul cost to fit them though after you'd got hold of the required DC5 suspension bits?

If it's quite a lot and you are serious about changing your brakes then may as well get a dedicated EP3 kit.

Heard real good things about Julian's Spoon 4 pots from himself and what I've read on here. Can't say enough good things about my Stoptech kit either. Powerful brakes are a must if you ask me :twisted:

Scousefella said:
I was just thinking about various options seeing as the warranty is up this year. :D

Took ya time modding the Milano Scouse, glad to see you getting it sorted :twisted:

Black R said:
Scousefella said:
I was just thinking about various options seeing as the warranty is up this year. :D

Took ya time modding the Milano Scouse, glad to see you getting it sorted :twisted:

Getting ideas, don't tell the Lass. :twisted:

If your thinking of going for the Brembos, Tom @ TGM is the man to talk to.

Personally, if you aint going to run more than 230WHP+ then aint worth going for a brake upgrade kit.

I would recommend Ferodo DSC 2500 pads, uprated brake discs and braided hoses instead.

Awesam said:

Personally, if you aint going to run more than 230WHP+ then aint worth going for a brake upgrade kit.

I would recommend Ferodo DSC 2500 pads, uprated brake discs and braided hoses instead.

I know Lensey was using Tarox Discs, any others of good reputation? 8)

Im currently using EBC Turbogroove discs all round.

Im quite happy with them.

I will next try the AEM/POWERSHOT Big Discs or the DBA Gold discs next.

Scousefella said:
Awesam said:

I know Lensey was using Tarox Discs, any others of good reputation? 8)

Some people seem to like the EBC discs. I haven't got much confidence in Tarox after I cracked the set I had :shock:

That's what led to me going all out and getting the Stoptech kit. Cost an arm and a leg but you know they're gonna stand up to the most extreme abuse.

I am not expecting to be a heavy abuser, fast road use at most. No track days in mind (currently :lol: ) but I do like the idea of anchors and suspension upgrades before thinking of a Power hike.

Scousefella said:
I am not expecting to be a heavy abuser, fast road use at most. No track days in mind (currently :lol: ) but I do like the idea of anchors and suspension upgrades before thinking of a Power hike.

I didn't do a track day when I cracked mine, just a real fast trip across my favourite stretch of road, but I would say I am pretty agressive on the brakes as well :twisted:

I'm sure someone will say they've haven't had any problems with their Taarox discs, I'm just sharing my experience of them :wink:

Back