• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 CAI on an EP3 + Velocity stack or custom induction piping.

TP3

Will an AEM or INJEN CAI from a DC5 fit an EP3 without modification, and I would like to fit a BPI stack as well would this cause any issues? (I know I have to change the filter for a K&N).

Or is it possible to get the piping made up (preferably 3") and then I just stick the BPI Stack and filter on the end. I'm thinking of getting the cheapy induction kits off ebay and sticking the BPI kit on the end, but not sure on the quality of the pipework and the diameter is only 2".

Just been reading up a bit on Injen's and some people say you have to cut hole in the battery tray and things like that to get it to fit whereas others have had no problems? Any ideas?

As far as I know, there were 2 Injen CAI's. It depends which one you're going to get..

Many moons ago I had the Injen Cai that went straight down at the throttle body then into the wheelarch, no chopping of battery tray needed. Needed to trim the arch liner though.

Even without a stack and the OG AEM filter, it could do with a trim to fit properly!

You bought an apexi yet dean...? Will be getting one soon... :)

I found the Apexi filter on Funky Power and it's like £80. There is a few other brands for £40-£50. Why are you favouring and wanting to go for the Apexi Andy?

dual funnel stylee, so when I cut a frikkin great hole in my bumper it will suck in the whole atmosphere in 1 huge gulp

dual funnel stylee, so when I cut a frikkin great hole in my bumper it will suck in the whole atmosphere in 1 huge gulp

Ah, you're going that hardcore? haha.

Apexi does look good. I might just get one ;) I got the CAI for like 50 quid pretty much anyway so money on a decent filter would be justified.

Back