• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 exhaust manifold fitted to UK EP3... sorry can't find the answer via search.

Good afternoon,

Having failed to find the answer to this question anywhere (here or Google), I am reluctantly posting one of my own before I waste more money on exhaust parts.

I recently purchased a DC5 exhaust manifold and cat for my '04 Ep3 (as the standard cat had been gutted).

I also sourced a second hand Invidia rear box with what I presume are custom pipes from the cat to the rear (2 sections).

Net result - a poor fit... and way too loud but that is by the by.

The one question I would like to know but cannot find anywhere (believe me I have spent hours looking), is what do I need in order to join the JDM spec manifold to a cat back system (UK back box ideally)?

Now I have the DC5 manifold and cat on there I am reluctant to take it off since I need a cat and this seems as good an option as any (and as cost effective - in theory).

The UK front ARB doesn't want to be on there, despite many people saying it will accommodate a DC5 manifold.. no idea how, so I am resigned to getting one of those but I can't work out what I need to do with the rest of the system. The setup I have means the rear pipe sticks out 3" which is not the look I want and hopefully with a standard rear box it will be quieter, however I accept that with the JDM front sections this may now not be possible.

So before I junk everything and put it back to standard with a pattern part cat :eek:( please can someone point me in the direction of the answers.. I'll accept a moderate amount of abuse and flaming if you can tell me what I need to know.

Thanks in advance
Tim

P.S Are the JDM EP3 and DC5 exhaust manifolds and cats different to each other?

Not answering my own question but possibly a better option would be Japspeed sports cat and Sportex b pipe mated to original exhaust.

Hi mate ,I have a DC5 manifold and cat fitted to a japspeed centre pipe and cobra back box. All fits ok.

Hi mate ,I have a DC5 manifold and cat fitted to a japspeed centre pipe and cobra back box. All fits ok.
And the centre pipe is one solid pipe? Any pics at all please?

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

And the centre pipe is one solid pipe? Any pics at all please?

Thanks for the info.

Centre section one piece from cat to back box. Just had to have the bolt holes drilled in cobra flange as they didn't line up. I have no pics of underneath the car mate sorry. Just check my build thread if you want to see how the tail pipes sit.

Centre section one piece from cat to back box. Just had to have the bolt holes drilled in cobra flange as they didn't line up. I have no pics of underneath the car mate sorry. Just check my build thread if you want to see how the tail pipes sit.
Will do, thanks. The Invidia pipe is proper loud but the two centre pipes are what ruin it. If the Japspeed centre section will bolt from the JDM cat up to that it might save me some cash.

Appreciate the help, thanks.

Page 10 gives you a good view

And I think I saw you had to get the JDM ARB as well. Not sure how people don't need it. It touches the manifold.

Yeh got the jdm front one guy who fitted manifold said no way it would fit without knocking. DC5 cat is more free flowing apparently to answer your other question. Stainless centre section off ebay about £130 mate with silencer.

Yeh got the jdm front one guy who fitted manifold said no way it would fit without knocking. DC5 cat is more free flowing apparently to answer your other question. Stainless centre section off ebay about £130 mate with silencer.
That's the thing, proper Honda manifold and cat albeit JDM is preferable to aftermarket stuff, especially because it is already fitted. It's the centre section cocking things up. My only other concern is the volume of the rear box.

This is what I bought.
e39ffb422f7f4a4535b800b865102e2b.jpg

Back