• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 foglamps

Can a DC5 owner do a favour for me please?

Just measure the front fog lamps; width across, and height. In centimetres.

I'm trying to establish if DC5 fogs can replace my OE fogs in my EP3 (2005). Don't fancy paying over £90 each for the Honda replacements. :evil:

thanks

If you mean fronts, there's no such thing. The two holes at the front are for air flow to the brakes. If a DC5 has fog lights on the front then a) it's a custom job and b) they're removing the cooling air for the brakes that Honda put on the car.

on eBay (for example) there's numerous firms selling DC5 fog kits - for the USDM DC5's.

I dont know whether they're a mod or a USDM option, but the sales blurb mentions these kits as a pattern copy of the original fogs. So I take it that no-one in the UK with a JDM DC5 has fog lights then, unless they are an aftermarket mod?

Well the DC5 Type R has never had fogs on the front of it, the only ones I've seen are aftermarket. I don't know if the Acura RSX has them as an option or not. In order to get them to fit a DC5 you'd have to remove the air ducts and find a way of mounting the lights. It looks silly on the DC5 IMO and the standard HIDs are up to the job of giving visibility in the fog.

DC5brakeairflow.jpg

Back