• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 front disks - standard size?

I picked up a new-to-me DC5 last week. The front disks and pads will need changed in the new future. Most places were out of stock but Eurocarparts had a number of brands including Brembo so I ordered a set of them.

When I got them last night, They had a label on them for 'Honda Civic Type R Front'. They have a product code of 09.9544.10 and they are 300mm in diameter. I looked everywhere online to try find what the standard disk size is but I get differing answers.

Question is, have I bought the wrong disks?

Apologies also, I did use the search function but it kept saying 'no results' no matter what I put in.

What you did wrong was order brake discs for an import from ECP.

Send them back and order some from Hendy or Cox motor parts.

So they are wrong then? What's the right size then?

As I said, everywhere else at the time was out of stock.

For some reason they're listed as the same on there and I'm fairly certain that they don't fit.

Ok, I'll drop them back to my local ECP. I see Cox have them back in stock so I will get theirs. They haven't sent me to wrong items yet. Cheers for your help.

The ones on Cox and Hendy are definitely the right ones. You can also speak to Dave at Steels Honda in Hereford as he has helped out with DC5 parts for over 10 years.

I've just looked it up, EP3 discs and DC5 discs are definitely different.

DC5 Integra's use a disc that is totally unique to DC5's. Nothing else crosses over.

At present, Cox, Hendy, and the Honda dealer network will not be able to help with supplying any, as there seems to have been some sort of issue further down the supply chain that has virtually dried up the stock. I've been in touch with our guys in Japan, and even the Honda network there have none available to order, so the issue is global.

Currently, the best solution is an aftermarket brand of disc. Dixcel offer a blank OE style disc, or a slotted disc. Last time I checked, both were out of stock but are available on a special order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back