• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 heater problem....fuse or bigger fault?

hello just hopeing someone has more mechanical experience than i do and can help.

the heater on my dc5 is not blowing out the air i turn it onto full power and nothing happerns, its still getting hot and comeing out but very slowly and also can change if its on feet,face or window just seems the power will not change.
does anyone know if that is a fuse problem or more or a greater problem like i need a new fan so on.

any help on this situation would be very much apreciated

regards

haha yes i think my abilitys can stretch that far i it just cant find which fuse realates to the heater as i can read the manual weres its normally indicated.

and this is probly going to make me sound even more stupid, but what is and were do i find said pollen filter? accessibility?

regards

Pollen filter is behind the glove box, you'll have to drop it down to access it.

haha yes i think my abilitys can stretch that far i it just cant find which fuse realates to the heater as i can read the manual weres its normally indicated.

and this is probly going to make me sound even more stupid, but what is and were do i find said pollen filter? accessibility?

regards

Really easy to do, mine needed changing so I changed them last month.

Old one is on the left :

IMG_2031.jpg

Got mine from here (they come as a pair)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-T..._CarParts_SM&hash=item2a05a2291b#ht_500wt_922

ok ** have to look into that first thing in morning. and just to clarify, if it is like one on left it could be reason for the fans not to be blowing through with any power?

is there a guid in how to drop drown the glove box for accses or simple enough to do when looking at it?

regards

ok ** have to look into that first thing in morning. and just to clarify, if it is like one on left it could be reason for the fans not to be blowing through with any power?

is there a guid in how to drop drown the glove box for accses or simple enough to do when looking at it?

regards

Its a good thing to check first, hopefully it will be that and it will be a cheap fix.

There are two clips either side that you have to pop out, it's simple enough when you look at it.

this happened on my previous civics(MB6), the blowers only worked when on full.

turned out to be a coil resistor in the heater unit behind the glovebox.

i have no idea if honda still had the same sort of setup on a dc5 but its worth a shot.

Popping the glove box out is really easy.

You then have two cassettes in a whitish colour that you can remove. These are where the pollen filters are. Below these is the fan. If I were you, I would remove the pollen filters and cassettes and turn the fan on full to see if it's working properly. It really blasts out on full chat.

Obviously don't put your hands anywhere near the fan when it's running or you'll receive a Darwin award.

i looked in the said places for the filters (thanks for uploaded vidieo was very helpfull) i found there wasnt any exsisting inside, would this mean its the possibilty its sucked muck up into the fan hence why its not working.
have ordered and fitted filters now.

Standard DC5 owner question here - will EP3 stated pollen filters fit the DC5? Can't find any kicking about on eBay that state EP3 and DC5 pollen filters are the same, just my luck that these are not universal parts across both models! Cheers if anyone can advise!

Back